Mar 31, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Travis Zajac had the hot stick for the New Jersey Devils on Monday.
The veteran center scored three times – his first career hat trick – and added an assist for a four-point night against the Florida Panthers, and the Devils recorded a 6-3 victory to get within three points of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
While Zajac enjoyed a career night, Devils goalie Martin Brodeur was pulled in the second period after allowing three goals on nine shots. Cory Schneider came in, stopping all 13 shots he faced.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 21
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)