Mar 31, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Travis Zajac had the hot stick for the New Jersey Devils on Monday.
The veteran center scored three times – his first career hat trick – and added an assist for a four-point night against the Florida Panthers, and the Devils recorded a 6-3 victory to get within three points of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
While Zajac enjoyed a career night, Devils goalie Martin Brodeur was pulled in the second period after allowing three goals on nine shots. Cory Schneider came in, stopping all 13 shots he faced.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5