Mar 31, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Travis Zajac had the hot stick for the New Jersey Devils on Monday.
The veteran center scored three times – his first career hat trick – and added an assist for a four-point night against the Florida Panthers, and the Devils recorded a 6-3 victory to get within three points of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
While Zajac enjoyed a career night, Devils goalie Martin Brodeur was pulled in the second period after allowing three goals on nine shots. Cory Schneider came in, stopping all 13 shots he faced.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)