Feb 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The 30-year-old PA Parenteau is in his second season with the Colorado Avalanche, although it’s hardly been anything like the productive lockout-shortened campaign he experienced in 2013, when he had 43 points in 48 games. His point production has slipped this season – he has 28 points in 46 games.
In the second year of a four-year contract worth an annual cap hit of $4 million, according to Capgeek.com, and the NHL’s March 5 trade deadline coming up, Parenteau appears aware of the reports that link his name to potential deals with other teams.
But he’s adamant that he wants to stay with the Avalanche, a team that sits third in the Central Division but only five points back of the St. Louis Blues for the top spot.
“You try not to think about it, but it’s not easy, especially when you have a family,” Parenteau told The Denver Post.
“I love it here. I want to stay here. You don’t want to leave a place you love, and you don’t want to leave a really good team too, which is what we have here. So, I know this is a really big chance for me now, and I’m planning on making it happen.”
Even if the Avalanche had been trying to move Parenteau, there is the possibility he does indeed stay with the Avalanche. The club announced last week that forward Alex Tanguay will get hip surgery and is done for the season, which could provide Parenteau the opportunity to re-establish himself in the Colorado lineup.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)