Feb 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The 30-year-old PA Parenteau is in his second season with the Colorado Avalanche, although it’s hardly been anything like the productive lockout-shortened campaign he experienced in 2013, when he had 43 points in 48 games. His point production has slipped this season – he has 28 points in 46 games.
In the second year of a four-year contract worth an annual cap hit of $4 million, according to Capgeek.com, and the NHL’s March 5 trade deadline coming up, Parenteau appears aware of the reports that link his name to potential deals with other teams.
But he’s adamant that he wants to stay with the Avalanche, a team that sits third in the Central Division but only five points back of the St. Louis Blues for the top spot.
“You try not to think about it, but it’s not easy, especially when you have a family,” Parenteau told The Denver Post.
“I love it here. I want to stay here. You don’t want to leave a place you love, and you don’t want to leave a really good team too, which is what we have here. So, I know this is a really big chance for me now, and I’m planning on making it happen.”
Even if the Avalanche had been trying to move Parenteau, there is the possibility he does indeed stay with the Avalanche. The club announced last week that forward Alex Tanguay will get hip surgery and is done for the season, which could provide Parenteau the opportunity to re-establish himself in the Colorado lineup.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)