Feb 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The 30-year-old PA Parenteau is in his second season with the Colorado Avalanche, although it’s hardly been anything like the productive lockout-shortened campaign he experienced in 2013, when he had 43 points in 48 games. His point production has slipped this season – he has 28 points in 46 games.
In the second year of a four-year contract worth an annual cap hit of $4 million, according to Capgeek.com, and the NHL’s March 5 trade deadline coming up, Parenteau appears aware of the reports that link his name to potential deals with other teams.
But he’s adamant that he wants to stay with the Avalanche, a team that sits third in the Central Division but only five points back of the St. Louis Blues for the top spot.
“You try not to think about it, but it’s not easy, especially when you have a family,” Parenteau told The Denver Post.
“I love it here. I want to stay here. You don’t want to leave a place you love, and you don’t want to leave a really good team too, which is what we have here. So, I know this is a really big chance for me now, and I’m planning on making it happen.”
Even if the Avalanche had been trying to move Parenteau, there is the possibility he does indeed stay with the Avalanche. The club announced last week that forward Alex Tanguay will get hip surgery and is done for the season, which could provide Parenteau the opportunity to re-establish himself in the Colorado lineup.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)