Jan 27, 2014, 7:18 PM EST
Earlier today reports surfaced that Colorado Avalanche forward P.A. Parenteau was on the trade market.
Now it looks like Colorado’s willingness to move him might have gotten serious.
Both players are under contract through 2015-16 and Parenteau comes with a marginally higher annual cap hit at $4 million instead of roughly $3.3 million. Bourque enjoyed a few solid seasons with Calgary, but he’s struggled offensively since coming to Montreal. Parenteau has been far more productive, although he is projected to be a healthy scratch tonight.
It’s worth adding that Montreal’s assistant coach J.J. Daineault is very familiar with Parenteau after they both spent time with the AHL Hartford Wolf Pack.
This also isn’t the first report or only source to link Parenteau to Montreal. It has been suggested that Colorado is looking for a defensive upgrade and any deal between the two teams might ultimately involve one of Montreal’s blueliners.
Update: RDS’ Francois Gagnon’s sources suggested that it was the Avalanche who refused the player swap.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)