Jan 30, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
When P.A. Parenteau was listed as a healthy scratch on Monday, it only served to fuel the trade rumors surrounding him.
Even still Avalanche coach Patrick Roy downplay the decision.
“We (will) have three games in four nights. It’s a demanding schedule, so we’ll do the same thing with P.A. that we did with Alex (Tanguay),” Roy told the Denver Post.
Fair enough. Parenteau was just a few games removed from a sprained MCL and, as Roy pointed out, Monday would have been his third game in four days.
The problem is that when the Avalanche play again on Thursday, Parenteau will still be in the press box, according to the Post’s Adrian Dater.
This could be a matter of Roy not wanting to change up his lineup after a win, but Parenteau is also one of their most expensive and gifted players. He tied Matt Duchene for the team lead with 43 points last season, although he has taken a step back in 2013-14 with 25 points in 41 contests.
The Montreal Canadiens has been raised as a possible destination for Parenteau if the Avalanche do decide to trade him.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)