Jan 30, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
When P.A. Parenteau was listed as a healthy scratch on Monday, it only served to fuel the trade rumors surrounding him.
Even still Avalanche coach Patrick Roy downplay the decision.
“We (will) have three games in four nights. It’s a demanding schedule, so we’ll do the same thing with P.A. that we did with Alex (Tanguay),” Roy told the Denver Post.
Fair enough. Parenteau was just a few games removed from a sprained MCL and, as Roy pointed out, Monday would have been his third game in four days.
The problem is that when the Avalanche play again on Thursday, Parenteau will still be in the press box, according to the Post’s Adrian Dater.
This could be a matter of Roy not wanting to change up his lineup after a win, but Parenteau is also one of their most expensive and gifted players. He tied Matt Duchene for the team lead with 43 points last season, although he has taken a step back in 2013-14 with 25 points in 41 contests.
The Montreal Canadiens has been raised as a possible destination for Parenteau if the Avalanche do decide to trade him.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 7
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 17
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)