Jan 30, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
When P.A. Parenteau was listed as a healthy scratch on Monday, it only served to fuel the trade rumors surrounding him.
Even still Avalanche coach Patrick Roy downplay the decision.
“We (will) have three games in four nights. It’s a demanding schedule, so we’ll do the same thing with P.A. that we did with Alex (Tanguay),” Roy told the Denver Post.
Fair enough. Parenteau was just a few games removed from a sprained MCL and, as Roy pointed out, Monday would have been his third game in four days.
The problem is that when the Avalanche play again on Thursday, Parenteau will still be in the press box, according to the Post’s Adrian Dater.
This could be a matter of Roy not wanting to change up his lineup after a win, but Parenteau is also one of their most expensive and gifted players. He tied Matt Duchene for the team lead with 43 points last season, although he has taken a step back in 2013-14 with 25 points in 41 contests.
The Montreal Canadiens has been raised as a possible destination for Parenteau if the Avalanche do decide to trade him.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)