Jan 30, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
When P.A. Parenteau was listed as a healthy scratch on Monday, it only served to fuel the trade rumors surrounding him.
Even still Avalanche coach Patrick Roy downplay the decision.
“We (will) have three games in four nights. It’s a demanding schedule, so we’ll do the same thing with P.A. that we did with Alex (Tanguay),” Roy told the Denver Post.
Fair enough. Parenteau was just a few games removed from a sprained MCL and, as Roy pointed out, Monday would have been his third game in four days.
The problem is that when the Avalanche play again on Thursday, Parenteau will still be in the press box, according to the Post’s Adrian Dater.
This could be a matter of Roy not wanting to change up his lineup after a win, but Parenteau is also one of their most expensive and gifted players. He tied Matt Duchene for the team lead with 43 points last season, although he has taken a step back in 2013-14 with 25 points in 41 contests.
The Montreal Canadiens has been raised as a possible destination for Parenteau if the Avalanche do decide to trade him.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)