Jan 10, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
This headline format is winless in three — once for the Wild, once for the Flyers, the other time for the Canucks — so hopefully Stars fans don’t think we’re trying to jinx their team here. But after four straight regulation losses, there’s no doubt Dallas could use a win tonight in Manhattan versus the Rangers.
The Stars’ latest loss came last night in Newark, 1-0 to the Devils. Combined with Minnesota’s win in Phoenix, Dallas fell six points back of the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference.
“We are wanting to win, but we are not hating to lose,” said Dallas forward Tyler Seguin. “I think that is a big thing we need to fix.”
The Stars held a team meeting this morning ahead of their game-day skate at MSG. Whether that translates into a strong effort against the improving Rangers (coming off a “big” 3-2 victory in Chicago) remains to be seen.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5