Jan 10, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
This headline format is winless in three — once for the Wild, once for the Flyers, the other time for the Canucks — so hopefully Stars fans don’t think we’re trying to jinx their team here. But after four straight regulation losses, there’s no doubt Dallas could use a win tonight in Manhattan versus the Rangers.
The Stars’ latest loss came last night in Newark, 1-0 to the Devils. Combined with Minnesota’s win in Phoenix, Dallas fell six points back of the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference.
“We are wanting to win, but we are not hating to lose,” said Dallas forward Tyler Seguin. “I think that is a big thing we need to fix.”
The Stars held a team meeting this morning ahead of their game-day skate at MSG. Whether that translates into a strong effort against the improving Rangers (coming off a “big” 3-2 victory in Chicago) remains to be seen.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 2
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 8
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)