Jan 10, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
This headline format is winless in three — once for the Wild, once for the Flyers, the other time for the Canucks — so hopefully Stars fans don’t think we’re trying to jinx their team here. But after four straight regulation losses, there’s no doubt Dallas could use a win tonight in Manhattan versus the Rangers.
The Stars’ latest loss came last night in Newark, 1-0 to the Devils. Combined with Minnesota’s win in Phoenix, Dallas fell six points back of the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference.
“We are wanting to win, but we are not hating to lose,” said Dallas forward Tyler Seguin. “I think that is a big thing we need to fix.”
The Stars held a team meeting this morning ahead of their game-day skate at MSG. Whether that translates into a strong effort against the improving Rangers (coming off a “big” 3-2 victory in Chicago) remains to be seen.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 5
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 4
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)