Jan 10, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
This headline format is winless in three — once for the Wild, once for the Flyers, the other time for the Canucks — so hopefully Stars fans don’t think we’re trying to jinx their team here. But after four straight regulation losses, there’s no doubt Dallas could use a win tonight in Manhattan versus the Rangers.
The Stars’ latest loss came last night in Newark, 1-0 to the Devils. Combined with Minnesota’s win in Phoenix, Dallas fell six points back of the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference.
“We are wanting to win, but we are not hating to lose,” said Dallas forward Tyler Seguin. “I think that is a big thing we need to fix.”
The Stars held a team meeting this morning ahead of their game-day skate at MSG. Whether that translates into a strong effort against the improving Rangers (coming off a “big” 3-2 victory in Chicago) remains to be seen.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54