Jan 10, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
This headline format is winless in three — once for the Wild, once for the Flyers, the other time for the Canucks — so hopefully Stars fans don’t think we’re trying to jinx their team here. But after four straight regulation losses, there’s no doubt Dallas could use a win tonight in Manhattan versus the Rangers.
The Stars’ latest loss came last night in Newark, 1-0 to the Devils. Combined with Minnesota’s win in Phoenix, Dallas fell six points back of the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference.
“We are wanting to win, but we are not hating to lose,” said Dallas forward Tyler Seguin. “I think that is a big thing we need to fix.”
The Stars held a team meeting this morning ahead of their game-day skate at MSG. Whether that translates into a strong effort against the improving Rangers (coming off a “big” 3-2 victory in Chicago) remains to be seen.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25