Jan 6, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
If you had to pick a low point to the Rangers’ season, it probably came Dec. 20 at MSG with a 5-3 loss to the Islanders.
“This was definitely a frustrating game,” said goalie Henrik Lundqvist, whose record fell to 2-4-2 since signing his big contract extension. “There’s no question we beat ourselves.”
But ever since that frustration, the Rangers have found some life. On Saturday, they devastated the Leafs in Toronto, winning 7-1 and improving their record to 5-2-0 since the Isles loss.
“I’m not quite sure if you can put one thing specific on it,” coach Alain Vigneault said about his team’s 50-shot barrage versus the embarrassed Leafs, per The Record. “We moved the puck well, we got some good opportunities and we were able to finish on a couple.”
Tonight, the Columbus Blue Jackets pay a visit to MSG, a rink that will be hosting a lot of hockey over the next little while. The Rangers will play eight of their next 10 at home, a prime opportunity to move into a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
PS — one of the Rangers’ two road games in their next 10 will be Wednesday in Chicago, on NBCSN, against the Stanley Cup champs.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)