Jan 9, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
The New York Rangers earned two points on the road against the defending Stanley Cup champions. No easy task.
The Rangers had the Chicago Blackhawks their third loss to begin the New Year with a 3-2 victory Wednesday evening. New York’s goalie Henrik Lundqvist made 35 saves in what could be called one of his best games of the season.
The Rangers, after all their struggles at the beginning of the season, have found themselves of late, with six wins in their last 10 games. They have also moved into third in the Metropolitan Division, with 22 wins and 47 points, only three back of the surging Philadelphia Flyers.
But beat the Blackhawks, well, it came with a good feeling afterward.
“Playing one of the best teams, this is a big win for us … we got rewarded in the end with a big goal,” said Lundqvist, as per the team’s Twitter account.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)