Dec 3, 2013, 2:15 AM EDT
At least that’s according to the Edmonton Journal, which quoted Dubnyk as saying, “Absolutely, I still do,” when reportedly asked if he thought he was still the Oilers’ main netminder.
The 27-year-old Dubnyk has recorded three wins in his last five games, and could see considerably more playing time in the coming days and weeks ahead, with Bryzgalov’s playing status right now unclear after he was hurt Sunday.
But there’s no denying that in the longer run, the addition of Bryzgalov may create something of a goalie controversy in Edmonton, even if Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins tried to quell any such notion.
“I like the battle but the end result for the battle, and it’s a friendly one, is that somebody takes it (the starting job),” Eakins said, as per the Edmonton Journal.
“As soon as I say that, I don’t want the other guy to let him take it. But I like battles at positions. You need that right through your lineup … you need it in Oklahoma City, where they’re getting ready to challenge guys here, you need guys farther down in our lineup pushing the top guys.”
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)