Dec 1, 2013, 9:03 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov has experienced quite the roller coaster since earning a shutout in his first start with Edmonton on Thursday. Sunday typified that as he experienced highs (keeping the Oilers in a game against the Stars) and a troubling low, as Dallas forward Ryan Garbutt knocked him out of the game via a collision.
Update (9:13 pm ET): Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins didn’t provide an update regarding Bryzgalov’s upper-body injury, saying they’ll know more on Monday.
Garbutt was already a thorn in Breezy’s side on Sunday, as his shorthanded goal was the lone shot (out of 29) to beat Bryzgalov through 36:19 of game time.
Garbutt, 28, has already been suspended by the NHL once this season:
He didn’t receive a penalty on the play.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 31
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)