Dec 1, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov has experienced quite the roller coaster since earning a shutout in his first start with Edmonton on Thursday. Sunday typified that as he experienced highs (keeping the Oilers in a game against the Stars) and a troubling low, as Dallas forward Ryan Garbutt knocked him out of the game via a collision.
Update (9:13 pm ET): Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins didn’t provide an update regarding Bryzgalov’s upper-body injury, saying they’ll know more on Monday.
Garbutt was already a thorn in Breezy’s side on Sunday, as his shorthanded goal was the lone shot (out of 29) to beat Bryzgalov through 36:19 of game time.
Garbutt, 28, has already been suspended by the NHL once this season:
He didn’t receive a penalty on the play.
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 0
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 19
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)