Dec 1, 2013, 9:03 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov has experienced quite the roller coaster since earning a shutout in his first start with Edmonton on Thursday. Sunday typified that as he experienced highs (keeping the Oilers in a game against the Stars) and a troubling low, as Dallas forward Ryan Garbutt knocked him out of the game via a collision.
Update (9:13 pm ET): Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins didn’t provide an update regarding Bryzgalov’s upper-body injury, saying they’ll know more on Monday.
Garbutt was already a thorn in Breezy’s side on Sunday, as his shorthanded goal was the lone shot (out of 29) to beat Bryzgalov through 36:19 of game time.
Garbutt, 28, has already been suspended by the NHL once this season:
He didn’t receive a penalty on the play.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4