Dec 1, 2013, 9:03 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov has experienced quite the roller coaster since earning a shutout in his first start with Edmonton on Thursday. Sunday typified that as he experienced highs (keeping the Oilers in a game against the Stars) and a troubling low, as Dallas forward Ryan Garbutt knocked him out of the game via a collision.
Update (9:13 pm ET): Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins didn’t provide an update regarding Bryzgalov’s upper-body injury, saying they’ll know more on Monday.
Garbutt was already a thorn in Breezy’s side on Sunday, as his shorthanded goal was the lone shot (out of 29) to beat Bryzgalov through 36:19 of game time.
Garbutt, 28, has already been suspended by the NHL once this season:
He didn’t receive a penalty on the play.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)