Dec 1, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov has experienced quite the roller coaster since earning a shutout in his first start with Edmonton on Thursday. Sunday typified that as he experienced highs (keeping the Oilers in a game against the Stars) and a troubling low, as Dallas forward Ryan Garbutt knocked him out of the game via a collision.
Update (9:13 pm ET): Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins didn’t provide an update regarding Bryzgalov’s upper-body injury, saying they’ll know more on Monday.
Garbutt was already a thorn in Breezy’s side on Sunday, as his shorthanded goal was the lone shot (out of 29) to beat Bryzgalov through 36:19 of game time.
Garbutt, 28, has already been suspended by the NHL once this season:
He didn’t receive a penalty on the play.
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 23
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 47
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 18
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 11
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 25
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 98
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 40
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (73)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)