Nov 29, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Monday versus Los Angeles, Canucks forward David Booth had a couple of sparkling chances to score a goal and prove he was better than the healthy scratch he’d been the previous three games under head coach John Tortorella.
Unfortunately for Booth and the Canucks, those chances were wasted and the Kings ended up winning, 3-2, in overtime.
Here’s one of those sparkling, wasted chances:
But at the very least, the Kings’ game marked progress for Booth, the well-compensated but much-maligned winger who’s even spent time in the AHL this season. And Thursday in Ottawa, he was rewarded when his rather innocent-looking wrister off the side boards beat Senators goalie Craig Anderson.
“I was just trying to get the puck on net,” Booth said, per The Province. “Sometimes you just throw it out there, don’t see what happens, and it goes through two screens and it goes in.
“Either way, there is relief. This game is won on goals, not chances.”
Booth added an assist on the Canucks’ fourth goal as Vancouver went on to a 5-2 victory. The 29-year-old, who earlier in the month had lamented the lack of “explosiveness” in his skating, said after the game that he feels “faster and more balanced” now, crediting his recent work with a power-skating coach.
“It was nice to see him score, because he’s had a tough, tough time,” teammate Jannik Hansen added.
And remember, Hansen knows a thing or two about tough, tough times…
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)