Nov 29, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Monday versus Los Angeles, Canucks forward David Booth had a couple of sparkling chances to score a goal and prove he was better than the healthy scratch he’d been the previous three games under head coach John Tortorella.
Unfortunately for Booth and the Canucks, those chances were wasted and the Kings ended up winning, 3-2, in overtime.
Here’s one of those sparkling, wasted chances:
But at the very least, the Kings’ game marked progress for Booth, the well-compensated but much-maligned winger who’s even spent time in the AHL this season. And Thursday in Ottawa, he was rewarded when his rather innocent-looking wrister off the side boards beat Senators goalie Craig Anderson.
“I was just trying to get the puck on net,” Booth said, per The Province. “Sometimes you just throw it out there, don’t see what happens, and it goes through two screens and it goes in.
“Either way, there is relief. This game is won on goals, not chances.”
Booth added an assist on the Canucks’ fourth goal as Vancouver went on to a 5-2 victory. The 29-year-old, who earlier in the month had lamented the lack of “explosiveness” in his skating, said after the game that he feels “faster and more balanced” now, crediting his recent work with a power-skating coach.
“It was nice to see him score, because he’s had a tough, tough time,” teammate Jannik Hansen added.
And remember, Hansen knows a thing or two about tough, tough times…
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)