Nov 29, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Monday versus Los Angeles, Canucks forward David Booth had a couple of sparkling chances to score a goal and prove he was better than the healthy scratch he’d been the previous three games under head coach John Tortorella.
Unfortunately for Booth and the Canucks, those chances were wasted and the Kings ended up winning, 3-2, in overtime.
Here’s one of those sparkling, wasted chances:
But at the very least, the Kings’ game marked progress for Booth, the well-compensated but much-maligned winger who’s even spent time in the AHL this season. And Thursday in Ottawa, he was rewarded when his rather innocent-looking wrister off the side boards beat Senators goalie Craig Anderson.
“I was just trying to get the puck on net,” Booth said, per The Province. “Sometimes you just throw it out there, don’t see what happens, and it goes through two screens and it goes in.
“Either way, there is relief. This game is won on goals, not chances.”
Booth added an assist on the Canucks’ fourth goal as Vancouver went on to a 5-2 victory. The 29-year-old, who earlier in the month had lamented the lack of “explosiveness” in his skating, said after the game that he feels “faster and more balanced” now, crediting his recent work with a power-skating coach.
“It was nice to see him score, because he’s had a tough, tough time,” teammate Jannik Hansen added.
And remember, Hansen knows a thing or two about tough, tough times…
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 7
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)