Nov 28, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
It might’ve been the angriest moment of John Tortorella’s tenure as Vancouver’s head coach.
Midway through the first period of the Canucks-Senators game in Ottawa, Tortorella exploded on Vancouver forward Jannik Hansen for what looked to be a pretty pedestrian back-checking effort on Clarke MacArthur‘s opening tally.
Here’s the goal (Hansen is No. 36 in white):
And here’s the wrath:
That ended up being Hansen’s last shift of the period, as he was benched for the remainder of the first and finished with just 3:11 of ice time.
The Canucks, who have lost seven of eight, went into the first intermission down 1-0.
(H/T to Wyatt Arndt of The Province for the GIF)
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)