Nov 28, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
It might’ve been the angriest moment of John Tortorella’s tenure as Vancouver’s head coach.
Midway through the first period of the Canucks-Senators game in Ottawa, Tortorella exploded on Vancouver forward Jannik Hansen for what looked to be a pretty pedestrian back-checking effort on Clarke MacArthur‘s opening tally.
Here’s the goal (Hansen is No. 36 in white):
And here’s the wrath:
That ended up being Hansen’s last shift of the period, as he was benched for the remainder of the first and finished with just 3:11 of ice time.
The Canucks, who have lost seven of eight, went into the first intermission down 1-0.
(H/T to Wyatt Arndt of The Province for the GIF)
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)