Nov 28, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
It might’ve been the angriest moment of John Tortorella’s tenure as Vancouver’s head coach.
Midway through the first period of the Canucks-Senators game in Ottawa, Tortorella exploded on Vancouver forward Jannik Hansen for what looked to be a pretty pedestrian back-checking effort on Clarke MacArthur‘s opening tally.
Here’s the goal (Hansen is No. 36 in white):
And here’s the wrath:
That ended up being Hansen’s last shift of the period, as he was benched for the remainder of the first and finished with just 3:11 of ice time.
The Canucks, who have lost seven of eight, went into the first intermission down 1-0.
(H/T to Wyatt Arndt of The Province for the GIF)
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)