Nov 28, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
It might’ve been the angriest moment of John Tortorella’s tenure as Vancouver’s head coach.
Midway through the first period of the Canucks-Senators game in Ottawa, Tortorella exploded on Vancouver forward Jannik Hansen for what looked to be a pretty pedestrian back-checking effort on Clarke MacArthur‘s opening tally.
Here’s the goal (Hansen is No. 36 in white):
And here’s the wrath:
That ended up being Hansen’s last shift of the period, as he was benched for the remainder of the first and finished with just 3:11 of ice time.
The Canucks, who have lost seven of eight, went into the first intermission down 1-0.
(H/T to Wyatt Arndt of The Province for the GIF)
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45