Oct 25, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle is on the road to recovery after being knocked unconscious by a hit from behind by St. Louis Blues forward Maxim Lapierre on October 15. One thing he’s not doing, however, is easily forgiving Lapierre.
Boyle spoke with reporters for the first time since the incident and says he doesn’t remember anything about it happening. After watching video of the incident, he’s not pleased with how it went down as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares.
“He left a message. I think it’s been documented that I didn’t take the call. I’ll leave it at that for now,” Boyle said.
Boyle skated on Thursday for the first time since the incident and says he hopes to be back in action before the end of the Sharks’ current road trip.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25