Oct 24, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
Even after seeing the replay, Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle remains in partial disbelief at what happened last week in St. Louis when an illegal hit from behind left him unconscious and, moments later, on a stretcher leaving the ice for the hospital.
“I wanted to see [the replay] right away … I certainly wanted to find out how it happened,” Boyle said today in Boston, per CSN Bay Area. “I’ve been in this league for a long time, and a big reason is because I don’t put myself in those types of situations, where I’m susceptible to those kinds of hits. That’s why I wanted to see it. I still have a hard time believing that it actually happened.”
As for the guy who hit him, Blues forward Maxim Lapierre, Boyle didn’t have much to say: “He left a message. I think it’s been documented that I didn’t take the call. I’ll leave it at that for now.”
It’s not clear when Boyle will be back in action. He won’t play tonight against the Bruins after rejoining his teammates yesterday and skating today.
“Still kind of waiting on more results from the doctors, and more feedback on what they saw,” Boyle said, noting he hasn’t officially been told he’s got a concussion.
“I know what you guys know. I got knocked out, and it’s just a matter of making sure that I have no symptoms and I’m okay going forward in order to get back in the lineup.”
After the Bruins game, the Sharks play Saturday in Montreal and Sunday in Ottawa.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 4
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 7
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)