Oct 24, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Even after seeing the replay, Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle remains in partial disbelief at what happened last week in St. Louis when an illegal hit from behind left him unconscious and, moments later, on a stretcher leaving the ice for the hospital.
“I wanted to see [the replay] right away … I certainly wanted to find out how it happened,” Boyle said today in Boston, per CSN Bay Area. “I’ve been in this league for a long time, and a big reason is because I don’t put myself in those types of situations, where I’m susceptible to those kinds of hits. That’s why I wanted to see it. I still have a hard time believing that it actually happened.”
As for the guy who hit him, Blues forward Maxim Lapierre, Boyle didn’t have much to say: “He left a message. I think it’s been documented that I didn’t take the call. I’ll leave it at that for now.”
It’s not clear when Boyle will be back in action. He won’t play tonight against the Bruins after rejoining his teammates yesterday and skating today.
“Still kind of waiting on more results from the doctors, and more feedback on what they saw,” Boyle said, noting he hasn’t officially been told he’s got a concussion.
“I know what you guys know. I got knocked out, and it’s just a matter of making sure that I have no symptoms and I’m okay going forward in order to get back in the lineup.”
After the Bruins game, the Sharks play Saturday in Montreal and Sunday in Ottawa.
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 9
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)