Oct 24, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Even after seeing the replay, Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle remains in partial disbelief at what happened last week in St. Louis when an illegal hit from behind left him unconscious and, moments later, on a stretcher leaving the ice for the hospital.
“I wanted to see [the replay] right away … I certainly wanted to find out how it happened,” Boyle said today in Boston, per CSN Bay Area. “I’ve been in this league for a long time, and a big reason is because I don’t put myself in those types of situations, where I’m susceptible to those kinds of hits. That’s why I wanted to see it. I still have a hard time believing that it actually happened.”
As for the guy who hit him, Blues forward Maxim Lapierre, Boyle didn’t have much to say: “He left a message. I think it’s been documented that I didn’t take the call. I’ll leave it at that for now.”
It’s not clear when Boyle will be back in action. He won’t play tonight against the Bruins after rejoining his teammates yesterday and skating today.
“Still kind of waiting on more results from the doctors, and more feedback on what they saw,” Boyle said, noting he hasn’t officially been told he’s got a concussion.
“I know what you guys know. I got knocked out, and it’s just a matter of making sure that I have no symptoms and I’m okay going forward in order to get back in the lineup.”
After the Bruins game, the Sharks play Saturday in Montreal and Sunday in Ottawa.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)