Oct 24, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Even after seeing the replay, Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle remains in partial disbelief at what happened last week in St. Louis when an illegal hit from behind left him unconscious and, moments later, on a stretcher leaving the ice for the hospital.
“I wanted to see [the replay] right away … I certainly wanted to find out how it happened,” Boyle said today in Boston, per CSN Bay Area. “I’ve been in this league for a long time, and a big reason is because I don’t put myself in those types of situations, where I’m susceptible to those kinds of hits. That’s why I wanted to see it. I still have a hard time believing that it actually happened.”
As for the guy who hit him, Blues forward Maxim Lapierre, Boyle didn’t have much to say: “He left a message. I think it’s been documented that I didn’t take the call. I’ll leave it at that for now.”
It’s not clear when Boyle will be back in action. He won’t play tonight against the Bruins after rejoining his teammates yesterday and skating today.
“Still kind of waiting on more results from the doctors, and more feedback on what they saw,” Boyle said, noting he hasn’t officially been told he’s got a concussion.
“I know what you guys know. I got knocked out, and it’s just a matter of making sure that I have no symptoms and I’m okay going forward in order to get back in the lineup.”
After the Bruins game, the Sharks play Saturday in Montreal and Sunday in Ottawa.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5