Oct 15, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks – St. Louis Blues game is already off to a very rough start on Tuesday, as star defenseman Dan Boyle was taken off the ice on a stretcher after a hit from behind by Maxim Lapierre.
Here’s video of the check:
The NBC SN telecast believes that Boyle’s jaw made contact with the boards. At least one observer believes that Boyle, 37, lifted his hand to signal to the Sharks bench that he was conscious.
NBC Bay Area shared this photo of Boyle being taken off the ice on a stretcher:
This all happened moments ago, so it’s too early to know about Boyle’s condition. PHT will update when more information is available.
Lapierre received a game misconduct, and a series of fights resulted from the fray. As you can see, he wasn’t the only player who was reprimanded:
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 0
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 6
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)