Oct 15, 2013, 8:27 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks – St. Louis Blues game is already off to a very rough start on Tuesday, as star defenseman Dan Boyle was taken off the ice on a stretcher after a hit from behind by Maxim Lapierre.
Here’s video of the check:
The NBC SN telecast believes that Boyle’s jaw made contact with the boards. At least one observer believes that Boyle, 37, lifted his hand to signal to the Sharks bench that he was conscious.
NBC Bay Area shared this photo of Boyle being taken off the ice on a stretcher:
This all happened moments ago, so it’s too early to know about Boyle’s condition. PHT will update when more information is available.
Lapierre received a game misconduct, and a series of fights resulted from the fray. As you can see, he wasn’t the only player who was reprimanded:
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 64
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)