Oct 15, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks – St. Louis Blues game is already off to a very rough start on Tuesday, as star defenseman Dan Boyle was taken off the ice on a stretcher after a hit from behind by Maxim Lapierre.
Here’s video of the check:
The NBC SN telecast believes that Boyle’s jaw made contact with the boards. At least one observer believes that Boyle, 37, lifted his hand to signal to the Sharks bench that he was conscious.
NBC Bay Area shared this photo of Boyle being taken off the ice on a stretcher:
This all happened moments ago, so it’s too early to know about Boyle’s condition. PHT will update when more information is available.
Lapierre received a game misconduct, and a series of fights resulted from the fray. As you can see, he wasn’t the only player who was reprimanded:
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 0
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 61
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)