Oct 15, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks – St. Louis Blues game is already off to a very rough start on Tuesday, as star defenseman Dan Boyle was taken off the ice on a stretcher after a hit from behind by Maxim Lapierre.
Here’s video of the check:
The NBC SN telecast believes that Boyle’s jaw made contact with the boards. At least one observer believes that Boyle, 37, lifted his hand to signal to the Sharks bench that he was conscious.
NBC Bay Area shared this photo of Boyle being taken off the ice on a stretcher:
This all happened moments ago, so it’s too early to know about Boyle’s condition. PHT will update when more information is available.
Lapierre received a game misconduct, and a series of fights resulted from the fray. As you can see, he wasn’t the only player who was reprimanded:
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 0
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 2
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)