Sep 23, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks fans might be grimacing at the specter of losing Zack Kassian‘s rambunctious presence for eight games (five regular season, three preseason), but visual evidence of Edmonton Oilers center Sam Gagner‘s broken jaw should drive the seriousness of that high-stick home nicely.*
He remarked that he hopes to be “better looking” soon enough. Here are a few “before” photos via Getty, for reference:
That last photo might capture how many people feel about seeing Gagner’s damaged jaw and teeth.
* – Not that such an image will necessarily keep all Canucks fans from grumbling about the suspension, of course.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31