Sep 23, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks fans might be grimacing at the specter of losing Zack Kassian‘s rambunctious presence for eight games (five regular season, three preseason), but visual evidence of Edmonton Oilers center Sam Gagner‘s broken jaw should drive the seriousness of that high-stick home nicely.*
He remarked that he hopes to be “better looking” soon enough. Here are a few “before” photos via Getty, for reference:
That last photo might capture how many people feel about seeing Gagner’s damaged jaw and teeth.
* – Not that such an image will necessarily keep all Canucks fans from grumbling about the suspension, of course.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 2
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 7
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25