Sep 23, 2013, 9:47 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks fans might be grimacing at the specter of losing Zack Kassian‘s rambunctious presence for eight games (five regular season, three preseason), but visual evidence of Edmonton Oilers center Sam Gagner‘s broken jaw should drive the seriousness of that high-stick home nicely.*
He remarked that he hopes to be “better looking” soon enough. Here are a few “before” photos via Getty, for reference:
That last photo might capture how many people feel about seeing Gagner’s damaged jaw and teeth.
* – Not that such an image will necessarily keep all Canucks fans from grumbling about the suspension, of course.
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2