Sep 23, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Here’s video explanation of the decision via Brendan Shanahan and the NHL:
Obviously, the Oilers aren’t happy with Kassian, 22. Gagner is out indefinitely with a broken jaw suffered from that high-sticking infraction.
Kassian will be eligible to play again in an Oct. 12 home game against the Montreal Canadiens. He sidesteps the Canucks’ first contest vs. the Oilers (home on Oct. 5), so Edmonton would have to wait until Dec. 13 to pay the polarizing pest a visit.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1