Sep 23, 2013, 6:35 PM EST
Here’s video explanation of the decision via Brendan Shanahan and the NHL:
Obviously, the Oilers aren’t happy with Kassian, 22. Gagner is out indefinitely with a broken jaw suffered from that high-sticking infraction.
Kassian will be eligible to play again in an Oct. 12 home game against the Montreal Canadiens. He sidesteps the Canucks’ first contest vs. the Oilers (home on Oct. 5), so Edmonton would have to wait until Dec. 13 to pay the polarizing pest a visit.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54