Sep 23, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Here’s video explanation of the decision via Brendan Shanahan and the NHL:
Obviously, the Oilers aren’t happy with Kassian, 22. Gagner is out indefinitely with a broken jaw suffered from that high-sticking infraction.
Kassian will be eligible to play again in an Oct. 12 home game against the Montreal Canadiens. He sidesteps the Canucks’ first contest vs. the Oilers (home on Oct. 5), so Edmonton would have to wait until Dec. 13 to pay the polarizing pest a visit.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53