Sep 16, 2013, 12:39 PM EST
The NHL is still evaluating two controversial incidents from Sunday night’s Los Angeles-Phoenix game, a league spokesman said on Monday.
The incidents, which occurred during Phoenix’s 4-2 win, came with eight minutes left in the opening frame.
Nolan was given two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct and, of note, had been penalized for roughing earlier in the period.
Following the hit on Klesla, ‘Yotes forward Paul Bissonnette left the Phoenix bench to engage in a fight with Nolan, and was given a game misconduct.
Leaving the bench for a fight calls for an automatic 10-game suspension, according to rule 70.10.
Nolan insisted the check was clean, and Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said it was “a good hit.”
Phoenix head coach Dave Tippett thought otherwise.
“It seemed to me like a guy got hit in the head and a player left his feet,” Tippett said afterward. “That’s not for me to diagnose, the league does a good job of those and when they feel like there is a violation they take action.
“So, the league will look at it and we will go from there.”
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 4
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)