Sep 16, 2013, 12:39 PM EST
The NHL is still evaluating two controversial incidents from Sunday night’s Los Angeles-Phoenix game, a league spokesman said on Monday.
The incidents, which occurred during Phoenix’s 4-2 win, came with eight minutes left in the opening frame.
Nolan was given two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct and, of note, had been penalized for roughing earlier in the period.
Following the hit on Klesla, ‘Yotes forward Paul Bissonnette left the Phoenix bench to engage in a fight with Nolan, and was given a game misconduct.
Leaving the bench for a fight calls for an automatic 10-game suspension, according to rule 70.10.
Nolan insisted the check was clean, and Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said it was “a good hit.”
Phoenix head coach Dave Tippett thought otherwise.
“It seemed to me like a guy got hit in the head and a player left his feet,” Tippett said afterward. “That’s not for me to diagnose, the league does a good job of those and when they feel like there is a violation they take action.
“So, the league will look at it and we will go from there.”
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)