Sep 15, 2013, 10:56 PM EST
Updates: It appears that Klesla is suffering from a neck injury, according to Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan. Morgan reports that he’s alert but remains immobilized. He’s expected to be taken to a nearby hospital.
Klesla, 31, raised his hand while being carted off, according to various reports. Video of the check isn’t available at this time, so here’s a description of the situation from Fox Sports Arizona.
Klesla fell to the ice and his leg twitched for a moment before he lay motionless. With the team’s medical staff attending to him, Klesla was strapped to a stretcher and taken off the ice. No word was available immediately on his condition, but as he left the ice he raised his left hand to tell the crowd he was OK and was greeted with cheers.
Coyotes enforcer Paul Bissonnette fought Nolan immediately after the 24-year-old forward left the penalty box after serving a roughing penalty he received thanks to an exchange with Martin Hanzal following the hit.
PHT will provide an update regarding Klesla’s condition and share video (if it surfaces) when that information becomes available.
(Photo via the Coyotes’ Twitter page.)
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5