Sep 15, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
Updates: It appears that Klesla is suffering from a neck injury, according to Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan. Morgan reports that he’s alert but remains immobilized. He’s expected to be taken to a nearby hospital.
Klesla, 31, raised his hand while being carted off, according to various reports. Video of the check isn’t available at this time, so here’s a description of the situation from Fox Sports Arizona.
Klesla fell to the ice and his leg twitched for a moment before he lay motionless. With the team’s medical staff attending to him, Klesla was strapped to a stretcher and taken off the ice. No word was available immediately on his condition, but as he left the ice he raised his left hand to tell the crowd he was OK and was greeted with cheers.
Coyotes enforcer Paul Bissonnette fought Nolan immediately after the 24-year-old forward left the penalty box after serving a roughing penalty he received thanks to an exchange with Martin Hanzal following the hit.
PHT will provide an update regarding Klesla’s condition and share video (if it surfaces) when that information becomes available.
(Photo via the Coyotes’ Twitter page.)
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38