Sep 16, 2013, 12:27 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes tough guy Paul Bissonnette dropped his gloves in reaction to the hit teammate Rostislav Klesla received on Sunday night, but depending on the details, he might not be able to defend his colleagues when the regular season begins.
Video of the Jordan Nolan-on-Klesla hit hasn’t been made available yet, so it’s not surprising that a clip of Bissonnette,28, possibly leaving the bench cannot be found at this time.
Note: AZ Central’s Sarah McLellan reports that Klesla, 31, hasn’t been taken to the hospital yet (possibly for precautionary reasons).
Naturally, it’s the NHL’s call regarding suspensions for Nolan and/or Bissonnette, like any other situation. Unfortunately, the difference between tonight and the regular season is that video evidence is much easier to come by when the games start to “matter.” So we’ll wait and see if anything comes of this.
In other notes, Coyotes defenseman Zbynek Michalek was banged up during the game, but he returned to action with a cage added to his helmet, according to McLellan. It’s been a rough game by any standards.
Related: Klesla leaves game on stretcher
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 15
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 46
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 20
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 34
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)