Sep 16, 2013, 12:27 AM EST
Phoenix Coyotes tough guy Paul Bissonnette dropped his gloves in reaction to the hit teammate Rostislav Klesla received on Sunday night, but depending on the details, he might not be able to defend his colleagues when the regular season begins.
Video of the Jordan Nolan-on-Klesla hit hasn’t been made available yet, so it’s not surprising that a clip of Bissonnette,28, possibly leaving the bench cannot be found at this time.
Note: AZ Central’s Sarah McLellan reports that Klesla, 31, hasn’t been taken to the hospital yet (possibly for precautionary reasons).
Naturally, it’s the NHL’s call regarding suspensions for Nolan and/or Bissonnette, like any other situation. Unfortunately, the difference between tonight and the regular season is that video evidence is much easier to come by when the games start to “matter.” So we’ll wait and see if anything comes of this.
In other notes, Coyotes defenseman Zbynek Michalek was banged up during the game, but he returned to action with a cage added to his helmet, according to McLellan. It’s been a rough game by any standards.
Related: Klesla leaves game on stretcher
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 7
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 39
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)