Sep 16, 2013, 12:27 AM EST
Phoenix Coyotes tough guy Paul Bissonnette dropped his gloves in reaction to the hit teammate Rostislav Klesla received on Sunday night, but depending on the details, he might not be able to defend his colleagues when the regular season begins.
Video of the Jordan Nolan-on-Klesla hit hasn’t been made available yet, so it’s not surprising that a clip of Bissonnette,28, possibly leaving the bench cannot be found at this time.
Note: AZ Central’s Sarah McLellan reports that Klesla, 31, hasn’t been taken to the hospital yet (possibly for precautionary reasons).
Naturally, it’s the NHL’s call regarding suspensions for Nolan and/or Bissonnette, like any other situation. Unfortunately, the difference between tonight and the regular season is that video evidence is much easier to come by when the games start to “matter.” So we’ll wait and see if anything comes of this.
In other notes, Coyotes defenseman Zbynek Michalek was banged up during the game, but he returned to action with a cage added to his helmet, according to McLellan. It’s been a rough game by any standards.
Related: Klesla leaves game on stretcher
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)