Sep 16, 2013, 1:34 AM EDT
To little surprise, the Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes are divided regarding the legality of Jordan Nolan‘s check on Rostislav Klesla. (‘Yotes head coach Dave Tippett confirmed to AZ Central’s Sarah McLellan that Klesla’s been admitted to the hospital.)
Nolan, 24, pleaded his case to LA Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen.
“I felt like it was clean,” Nolan said. “He was skating through the middle of his ice, and I was just focusing on his chest and I feel like I hit him square in the chest.”
Kings head coach Darryl Sutter backed Nolan up, describing it as a “good hit.”
Tippett was diplomatic while arguing that it wasn’t such a clean, good hit.
“It seemed to me like a guy got hit in the head, and a player left his feet,” Tippett said. “But that’s not for me to diagnose.”
“Obviously, we think there’s a finish high; a finish off the ice,” Doan said. “As we’ve been witness to, that’s usually not very good.”
(Is that a Raffi Torres reference? It sounds like a Torres reference … )
Anyway, the two teams can’t seem to see eye-to-eye on many things other than their mutual distaste. We’ll see how the league feels about this situation soon enough.
As far as updates on Klesla, 31, Tippett noted that more probably won’t be known until Monday morning.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 8
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)