Sep 16, 2013, 1:34 AM EDT
To little surprise, the Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes are divided regarding the legality of Jordan Nolan‘s check on Rostislav Klesla. (‘Yotes head coach Dave Tippett confirmed to AZ Central’s Sarah McLellan that Klesla’s been admitted to the hospital.)
Nolan, 24, pleaded his case to LA Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen.
“I felt like it was clean,” Nolan said. “He was skating through the middle of his ice, and I was just focusing on his chest and I feel like I hit him square in the chest.”
Kings head coach Darryl Sutter backed Nolan up, describing it as a “good hit.”
Tippett was diplomatic while arguing that it wasn’t such a clean, good hit.
“It seemed to me like a guy got hit in the head, and a player left his feet,” Tippett said. “But that’s not for me to diagnose.”
“Obviously, we think there’s a finish high; a finish off the ice,” Doan said. “As we’ve been witness to, that’s usually not very good.”
(Is that a Raffi Torres reference? It sounds like a Torres reference … )
Anyway, the two teams can’t seem to see eye-to-eye on many things other than their mutual distaste. We’ll see how the league feels about this situation soon enough.
As far as updates on Klesla, 31, Tippett noted that more probably won’t be known until Monday morning.
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 1
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 19
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 91
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 35
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (92)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)