Sep 16, 2013, 1:34 AM EST
To little surprise, the Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes are divided regarding the legality of Jordan Nolan‘s check on Rostislav Klesla. (‘Yotes head coach Dave Tippett confirmed to AZ Central’s Sarah McLellan that Klesla’s been admitted to the hospital.)
Nolan, 24, pleaded his case to LA Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen.
“I felt like it was clean,” Nolan said. “He was skating through the middle of his ice, and I was just focusing on his chest and I feel like I hit him square in the chest.”
Kings head coach Darryl Sutter backed Nolan up, describing it as a “good hit.”
Tippett was diplomatic while arguing that it wasn’t such a clean, good hit.
“It seemed to me like a guy got hit in the head, and a player left his feet,” Tippett said. “But that’s not for me to diagnose.”
“Obviously, we think there’s a finish high; a finish off the ice,” Doan said. “As we’ve been witness to, that’s usually not very good.”
(Is that a Raffi Torres reference? It sounds like a Torres reference … )
Anyway, the two teams can’t seem to see eye-to-eye on many things other than their mutual distaste. We’ll see how the league feels about this situation soon enough.
As far as updates on Klesla, 31, Tippett noted that more probably won’t be known until Monday morning.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 5
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 16
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 14
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 41
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)