May 27, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks have been rough with Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick and it seems to have gotten to him. Quick still turned aside 24 of 26 shots in the Kings’ 2-1 loss last night, but how much of an issue is this going into Game 7 on Tuesday (9:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN)?
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones took a look at this issue:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Speaking to Kings coach Darryl Sutter not calling attention to the Sharks play against his goaltender, it’s worth adding that Sutter was asked after the game if he had any complaints.
Sutter passed on the opportunity to bring it up. When asked what the key for Game 7 was, he spoke about the need for his team to avoid penalties early.
The Kings took three minor penalties in the first five minutes of Game 6 and the Sharks netted their first goal of the contest during a 5-on-3 opportunity.
It’s also worth adding that before Sunday’s contest, San Jose captain Joe Thornton spoke of the need of getting “within 10 feet” of Quick and finding an opening. Thornton’s goal is to “use his aggressiveness against him” and that might be easier to do if Quick loses his cool.
At the same time, the Sharks have only managed six goals against him in their last four games.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 0
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 21
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)