May 27, 2013, 9:04 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks have been rough with Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick and it seems to have gotten to him. Quick still turned aside 24 of 26 shots in the Kings’ 2-1 loss last night, but how much of an issue is this going into Game 7 on Tuesday (9:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN)?
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones took a look at this issue:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Speaking to Kings coach Darryl Sutter not calling attention to the Sharks play against his goaltender, it’s worth adding that Sutter was asked after the game if he had any complaints.
Sutter passed on the opportunity to bring it up. When asked what the key for Game 7 was, he spoke about the need for his team to avoid penalties early.
The Kings took three minor penalties in the first five minutes of Game 6 and the Sharks netted their first goal of the contest during a 5-on-3 opportunity.
It’s also worth adding that before Sunday’s contest, San Jose captain Joe Thornton spoke of the need of getting “within 10 feet” of Quick and finding an opening. Thornton’s goal is to “use his aggressiveness against him” and that might be easier to do if Quick loses his cool.
At the same time, the Sharks have only managed six goals against him in their last four games.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)