Video: Darryl Sutter entertains during press conference

May 27, 2013, 12:09 AM EDT

For all the complaints about cliches, post-game press conferences can be entertaining precisely because head coaches and players might not be totally over a win or loss.

New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella kept people guessing at what he would (sometimes barely) say next, but if hockey fans want a new baffling bench boss to follow, Darryl Sutter might be the fit.

Sutter’s presser following the Los Angeles Kings’ 2-1 Game 6 loss to the San Jose on Sunday was just … priceless:

With that amazing display in mind, this seems like a good time to roll out some Getty Images of Sutter making funny faces:

source: Getty Images

source: Getty Images

source: Getty Images

source: Getty Images

(There are a lot of them, seriously.)

1. kingsfan93 - May 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Someone must love D. Sutter’s face expressions.

• valeri91202 - May 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I do! :)
      We goona beat them badly!
      GKG!

2. nothanksimdriving123 - May 27, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Two things about Mr Sutter. I can only assume, based on the Kings’ success since he came aboard, that he is a splendid coach. But, while I admit I’ve not seen a lot of interviews with him, I’ve yet to see one where he sounds smarter than a box of rocks. And his face almost always looks like he’s in a British gurning contest.

3. drewzducks - May 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Separated at birth:

• ethanmacleod1685 - May 27, 2013 at 2:31 AM

@drewzduck, thank you

4. 19to77 - May 27, 2013 at 1:18 AM

So that’s who Jonathan Toews goes to for smiling lessons.

5. greatusername - May 27, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Sometimes iPhone apps suck. Especially when you want to hear or see a video posted and it won’t let you. Those are my sometimes, anyway.

• greatusername - May 27, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Now that I’ve looked it up, I can only wonder what his motivational speeches to his team are like. I also want to try and imagine what his interview for a head coaching job would have been like. He’s obviously doing a great job, but with press conferences like that, it makes me think even I could do it. I say that with all due respect and as little insult as possible.

6. tablescrappy - May 27, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Did he have time to imbibe between the final horn and the presser? Or is he always that way?

7. csilojohnson - May 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Him and S. Stalone were seperated at birth.

8. drone501 - May 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM

he’s a helluva good coach from a great hockey family. the guy was also a great hockey player. im sure his players would skate through a brick wall for him.

• blomfeld - May 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM

good comment friend …

funnily enough, it was right after coach Sutter’s hiring that I fell in love ‘again’ with my beloved Kings, who I first fell for back in ’73 … Darryl Sutter is ‘my’ kind of guy, being a crazy, different, brilliant and immensely entertaining person … tonight friends as I lay my head to the pillow, I will pray for a glorious King’s victory on Tuesday night …

GO KINGS GO !!! … TODAY, TOMORROW AND FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. afrozenpond - May 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM

He must have some intelligence…

10. khmerson562 - May 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Didn’t know sly Stallone coach the kings

Are Penguins vulnerable vs. Columbus?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches