May 26, 2013, 10:47 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks rode some strong play from Antti Niemi, hard work overall and a few bounces to beat the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 in Game 6 on Sunday, pushing this battle of California to the limit.
Let’s discuss the events.
- The Kings and Sharks had nearly identical road records during the regular season (not a good thing). The home team is undefeated in the first six games of this second-round series. Do you expect this trend to hold?
- Furthermore, do you expect the victor to continue to struggle in away games?
- Niemi was great tonight. Does the one-time champion get disregarded in discussions about top NHL goalies too often?
- Speaking of well-regarded netminders, Jonathan Quick vented a little anger at Logan Couture in Game 6. Did the Sharks get under his skin?
- How do you feel about the delay of game penalties impacting this series? Will that call rear its head in the decisive contest on Tuesday?
- Harrison Ford was in the building. That’s pretty cool. Can J.J. Abrams really pull off the next Star Wars trilogy? So many questions.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)