May 26, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks rode some strong play from Antti Niemi, hard work overall and a few bounces to beat the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 in Game 6 on Sunday, pushing this battle of California to the limit.
Let’s discuss the events.
- The Kings and Sharks had nearly identical road records during the regular season (not a good thing). The home team is undefeated in the first six games of this second-round series. Do you expect this trend to hold?
- Furthermore, do you expect the victor to continue to struggle in away games?
- Niemi was great tonight. Does the one-time champion get disregarded in discussions about top NHL goalies too often?
- Speaking of well-regarded netminders, Jonathan Quick vented a little anger at Logan Couture in Game 6. Did the Sharks get under his skin?
- How do you feel about the delay of game penalties impacting this series? Will that call rear its head in the decisive contest on Tuesday?
- Harrison Ford was in the building. That’s pretty cool. Can J.J. Abrams really pull off the next Star Wars trilogy? So many questions.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 16
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)