Feb 20, 2013, 12:46 AM EDT
While the Chicago Blackhawks were relatively diplomatic with their take on the Marian Hossa hit, Vancouver Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault confidently told the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus that Jannik Hansen won’t face supplemental discipline.
“Not a chance. Not a chance,” Vigneault said. “[He was] trying to grab a puck in the air. It’s unfortunate if a young man is hurt, it’s unfortunate. Trying to jump to get the puck. Stuff happens.”
In fact, Vigneault even believes that officials erred when giving Hansen, 29, a minor penalty for roughing.
“It wasn’t even a penalty,” Vigneault said. “Until Toews went out to talk to [refs] it wasn’t even a penalty.”
The Canucks came back in the game to earn a charity point, but the Blackhawks got the last laugh with a 4-3 shootout victory.
In case you’re wondering, the Canucks have one more regular season game left against the Blackhawks: a home matchup versus Chicago on April 22.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)