Feb 19, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks lost Marian Hossa for at least Tuesday, but a 4-3 shootout win against the Vancouver Canucks allowed them to tie the NHL record with at least a point in the first 16 games of their season.
The 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks did it as well. In case you’re wondering, the Ducks were 12-0-4 while the Blackhawks are 13-0-3. Chicago can be alone in the record books with a win or charity point against the San Jose Sharks in a game at the United Center on Friday.
Here are a few fun facts:
- Chicago is second overall in goals per game (3.93) and also second overall in goals allowed per game (1.94). Overall, they boast a +21 goal differential.
- They have five players with 10 points or more: Patrick Kane (22), Jonathan Toews (15), Hossa (14), Patrick Sharp (14) and Duncan Keith (10).
- Only six out of 16 games have come at home.
- Even with starter Corey Crawford (upper-body) injured, Ray Emery has been perfect, with a 6-0-0 record.
Sure, this milestone might not feel as fulfilling if Hossa’s injury is significant, but it’s impressive nonetheless.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11