Feb 19, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks lost Marian Hossa for at least Tuesday, but a 4-3 shootout win against the Vancouver Canucks allowed them to tie the NHL record with at least a point in the first 16 games of their season.
The 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks did it as well. In case you’re wondering, the Ducks were 12-0-4 while the Blackhawks are 13-0-3. Chicago can be alone in the record books with a win or charity point against the San Jose Sharks in a game at the United Center on Friday.
Here are a few fun facts:
- Chicago is second overall in goals per game (3.93) and also second overall in goals allowed per game (1.94). Overall, they boast a +21 goal differential.
- They have five players with 10 points or more: Patrick Kane (22), Jonathan Toews (15), Hossa (14), Patrick Sharp (14) and Duncan Keith (10).
- Only six out of 16 games have come at home.
- Even with starter Corey Crawford (upper-body) injured, Ray Emery has been perfect, with a 6-0-0 record.
Sure, this milestone might not feel as fulfilling if Hossa’s injury is significant, but it’s impressive nonetheless.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)