Feb 19, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks lost Marian Hossa for at least Tuesday, but a 4-3 shootout win against the Vancouver Canucks allowed them to tie the NHL record with at least a point in the first 16 games of their season.
The 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks did it as well. In case you’re wondering, the Ducks were 12-0-4 while the Blackhawks are 13-0-3. Chicago can be alone in the record books with a win or charity point against the San Jose Sharks in a game at the United Center on Friday.
Here are a few fun facts:
- Chicago is second overall in goals per game (3.93) and also second overall in goals allowed per game (1.94). Overall, they boast a +21 goal differential.
- They have five players with 10 points or more: Patrick Kane (22), Jonathan Toews (15), Hossa (14), Patrick Sharp (14) and Duncan Keith (10).
- Only six out of 16 games have come at home.
- Even with starter Corey Crawford (upper-body) injured, Ray Emery has been perfect, with a 6-0-0 record.
Sure, this milestone might not feel as fulfilling if Hossa’s injury is significant, but it’s impressive nonetheless.
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 14
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 9
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 37
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)