Feb 20, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
While it’s early on in the process, Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville provided a hopeful update regarding Marian Hossa‘s health following a controversial Jannik Hansen hit from Tuesday’s 4-3 shootout win against the Vancouver Canucks.
Here’s what he told CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers:
“He seemed OK but we’ll know more tomorrow,” Quenneville said.
Another bright side: Quenneville said that the 34-year-old forward didn’t head to the hospital (at least immediately). Still, Quenneville also admitted that Hossa’s concussion history makes the situation a major concern.
As far as whether Hansen delivered a dirty hit, Quenneville avoided passing blame.
“Everybody saw it, everybody can have their own opinion,” Quenneville said. “I’ll let the people that do that stuff do their job.”
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews‘ take didn’t seem too vitriolic, but he did provided a more pointed observation to the Chicago Sun-Time’s Mark Lazerus.
“I don’t think there’s any doubt that there was contact to the head there,” Toews said. “We just hope that Hoss is going to be OK.”
The concern did put a damper on the team’s record-tying start, although said the team “should be proud of the achievement.”
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)