Feb 19, 2013, 11:07 PM EST
Twitter is abuzz with debate regarding whether the check was clean or not, but the bottom line is that Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa needed to leave Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks after this Jannik Hansen hit:
Considering Hossa’s injury history – particularly the concussion he suffered from that notorious Raffi Torres hit – it’s reasonable that people are worried about the 34-year-old star. He didn’t seem to miss a beat in 2013, either, as he scored goals seven and eight tonight to push his season points total to 14.
Hansen, 29, received a minor penalty for roughing on the play.
We’ll see if the league has any problems with that incident and if the Blackhawks provide any updates about Hossa’s health.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (52)