Feb 19, 2013, 11:07 PM EDT
Twitter is abuzz with debate regarding whether the check was clean or not, but the bottom line is that Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa needed to leave Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks after this Jannik Hansen hit:
Considering Hossa’s injury history – particularly the concussion he suffered from that notorious Raffi Torres hit – it’s reasonable that people are worried about the 34-year-old star. He didn’t seem to miss a beat in 2013, either, as he scored goals seven and eight tonight to push his season points total to 14.
Hansen, 29, received a minor penalty for roughing on the play.
We’ll see if the league has any problems with that incident and if the Blackhawks provide any updates about Hossa’s health.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)