Feb 19, 2013, 11:07 PM EDT
Twitter is abuzz with debate regarding whether the check was clean or not, but the bottom line is that Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa needed to leave Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks after this Jannik Hansen hit:
Considering Hossa’s injury history – particularly the concussion he suffered from that notorious Raffi Torres hit – it’s reasonable that people are worried about the 34-year-old star. He didn’t seem to miss a beat in 2013, either, as he scored goals seven and eight tonight to push his season points total to 14.
Hansen, 29, received a minor penalty for roughing on the play.
We’ll see if the league has any problems with that incident and if the Blackhawks provide any updates about Hossa’s health.
- Video: Letang practices, says his goal is to return this season 4
- Who has the best and worst special teams in the NHL? 17
- Report: NHL pondering more draft lottery changes 13
- Playoff bubble watch — Stars edition 3
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 10
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 23
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 8
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 10
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 59
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series (60)