Feb 19, 2013, 11:07 PM EST
Twitter is abuzz with debate regarding whether the check was clean or not, but the bottom line is that Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa needed to leave Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks after this Jannik Hansen hit:
Considering Hossa’s injury history – particularly the concussion he suffered from that notorious Raffi Torres hit – it’s reasonable that people are worried about the 34-year-old star. He didn’t seem to miss a beat in 2013, either, as he scored goals seven and eight tonight to push his season points total to 14.
Hansen, 29, received a minor penalty for roughing on the play.
We’ll see if the league has any problems with that incident and if the Blackhawks provide any updates about Hossa’s health.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32