Feb 19, 2013, 11:07 PM EST
Twitter is abuzz with debate regarding whether the check was clean or not, but the bottom line is that Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa needed to leave Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks after this Jannik Hansen hit:
Considering Hossa’s injury history – particularly the concussion he suffered from that notorious Raffi Torres hit – it’s reasonable that people are worried about the 34-year-old star. He didn’t seem to miss a beat in 2013, either, as he scored goals seven and eight tonight to push his season points total to 14.
Hansen, 29, received a minor penalty for roughing on the play.
We’ll see if the league has any problems with that incident and if the Blackhawks provide any updates about Hossa’s health.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)