Feb 7, 2013, 12:49 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have assigned center Mark Arcobello back to AHL Oklahoma City, likely meaning Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will be back in the lineup Saturday in Detroit after missing Wednesday’s game against Dallas with a sore shoulder.
But even with a healthy Nugent-Hopkins, the Oilers still have injury concerns at center. Shawn Horcoff is out for a while with a broken knuckle and Eric Belanger has been sidelined with a broken toe.
“Down the middle we’re hurting, for sure, but we found a way to battle through that adversity and earn a point,” said forward Jordan Eberle after last night’s 3-2 overtime loss to the Stars.
All the injuries have led to calls for general manager Steve Tambellini to go out and get some help at center.
Of course, finding serviceable centers is easier said than done in a league where every GM knows the importance of depth down the middle.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)