Feb 7, 2013, 12:49 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have assigned center Mark Arcobello back to AHL Oklahoma City, likely meaning Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will be back in the lineup Saturday in Detroit after missing Wednesday’s game against Dallas with a sore shoulder.
But even with a healthy Nugent-Hopkins, the Oilers still have injury concerns at center. Shawn Horcoff is out for a while with a broken knuckle and Eric Belanger has been sidelined with a broken toe.
“Down the middle we’re hurting, for sure, but we found a way to battle through that adversity and earn a point,” said forward Jordan Eberle after last night’s 3-2 overtime loss to the Stars.
All the injuries have led to calls for general manager Steve Tambellini to go out and get some help at center.
Of course, finding serviceable centers is easier said than done in a league where every GM knows the importance of depth down the middle.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)