Feb 7, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have assigned center Mark Arcobello back to AHL Oklahoma City, likely meaning Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will be back in the lineup Saturday in Detroit after missing Wednesday’s game against Dallas with a sore shoulder.
But even with a healthy Nugent-Hopkins, the Oilers still have injury concerns at center. Shawn Horcoff is out for a while with a broken knuckle and Eric Belanger has been sidelined with a broken toe.
“Down the middle we’re hurting, for sure, but we found a way to battle through that adversity and earn a point,” said forward Jordan Eberle after last night’s 3-2 overtime loss to the Stars.
All the injuries have led to calls for general manager Steve Tambellini to go out and get some help at center.
Of course, finding serviceable centers is easier said than done in a league where every GM knows the importance of depth down the middle.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 0
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11