Feb 6, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
Oilers center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will miss tonight’s home game against Dallas with a sore shoulder.
Per Sportsnet’s Gene Principe, Nugent-Hopkins was hurt Monday in overtime versus Vancouver. The sore shoulder is not, however, the same shoulder that caused the 19-year-old trouble last season, according to coach Ralph Krueger.
One unidentified Oiler told Principe, “I know Nuge has been having some issues with his shoulders but it’s not serious.”
The news is sure to resurrect the topic of whether Nugent-Hopkins, who the Oilers list at 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, has the build to stay healthy in the NHL.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 0
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 1
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 26
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)