Feb 6, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
Oilers center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will miss tonight’s home game against Dallas with a sore shoulder.
Per Sportsnet’s Gene Principe, Nugent-Hopkins was hurt Monday in overtime versus Vancouver. The sore shoulder is not, however, the same shoulder that caused the 19-year-old trouble last season, according to coach Ralph Krueger.
One unidentified Oiler told Principe, “I know Nuge has been having some issues with his shoulders but it’s not serious.”
The news is sure to resurrect the topic of whether Nugent-Hopkins, who the Oilers list at 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, has the build to stay healthy in the NHL.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 92
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)