Feb 6, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
Oilers center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will miss tonight’s home game against Dallas with a sore shoulder.
Per Sportsnet’s Gene Principe, Nugent-Hopkins was hurt Monday in overtime versus Vancouver. The sore shoulder is not, however, the same shoulder that caused the 19-year-old trouble last season, according to coach Ralph Krueger.
One unidentified Oiler told Principe, “I know Nuge has been having some issues with his shoulders but it’s not serious.”
The news is sure to resurrect the topic of whether Nugent-Hopkins, who the Oilers list at 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, has the build to stay healthy in the NHL.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)