Feb 6, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
Oilers center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will miss tonight’s home game against Dallas with a sore shoulder.
Per Sportsnet’s Gene Principe, Nugent-Hopkins was hurt Monday in overtime versus Vancouver. The sore shoulder is not, however, the same shoulder that caused the 19-year-old trouble last season, according to coach Ralph Krueger.
One unidentified Oiler told Principe, “I know Nuge has been having some issues with his shoulders but it’s not serious.”
The news is sure to resurrect the topic of whether Nugent-Hopkins, who the Oilers list at 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, has the build to stay healthy in the NHL.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 2
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 30
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)