Jan 16, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
Devils fans shouldn’t get overly excited just yet, however, as Lamoriello still estimates that will be “a couple of weeks” until Henrique begins shooting pucks again.
Henrique had a hand cast removed on Jan. 4 after suffering a thumb injury while playing a late November game in the AHL. It sounds like he’s more or less on track to return in early February, as expected.
New Jersey head coach Peter DeBoer will need to be resourceful to squeeze out enough offense from a group that will be without Henrique for a while and also lost captain Zach Parise, but at least Ilya Kovalchuk is back.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)