Jan 16, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
Devils fans shouldn’t get overly excited just yet, however, as Lamoriello still estimates that will be “a couple of weeks” until Henrique begins shooting pucks again.
Henrique had a hand cast removed on Jan. 4 after suffering a thumb injury while playing a late November game in the AHL. It sounds like he’s more or less on track to return in early February, as expected.
New Jersey head coach Peter DeBoer will need to be resourceful to squeeze out enough offense from a group that will be without Henrique for a while and also lost captain Zach Parise, but at least Ilya Kovalchuk is back.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)