Jan 16, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
Devils fans shouldn’t get overly excited just yet, however, as Lamoriello still estimates that will be “a couple of weeks” until Henrique begins shooting pucks again.
Henrique had a hand cast removed on Jan. 4 after suffering a thumb injury while playing a late November game in the AHL. It sounds like he’s more or less on track to return in early February, as expected.
New Jersey head coach Peter DeBoer will need to be resourceful to squeeze out enough offense from a group that will be without Henrique for a while and also lost captain Zach Parise, but at least Ilya Kovalchuk is back.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18