Jan 16, 2013, 5:57 PM EST
Devils fans shouldn’t get overly excited just yet, however, as Lamoriello still estimates that will be “a couple of weeks” until Henrique begins shooting pucks again.
Henrique had a hand cast removed on Jan. 4 after suffering a thumb injury while playing a late November game in the AHL. It sounds like he’s more or less on track to return in early February, as expected.
New Jersey head coach Peter DeBoer will need to be resourceful to squeeze out enough offense from a group that will be without Henrique for a while and also lost captain Zach Parise, but at least Ilya Kovalchuk is back.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 5
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 19
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46