Jan 16, 2013, 5:57 PM EST
Devils fans shouldn’t get overly excited just yet, however, as Lamoriello still estimates that will be “a couple of weeks” until Henrique begins shooting pucks again.
Henrique had a hand cast removed on Jan. 4 after suffering a thumb injury while playing a late November game in the AHL. It sounds like he’s more or less on track to return in early February, as expected.
New Jersey head coach Peter DeBoer will need to be resourceful to squeeze out enough offense from a group that will be without Henrique for a while and also lost captain Zach Parise, but at least Ilya Kovalchuk is back.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)