Jan 11, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Good thing Ilya Kovalchuk is coming back or the Devils might have been seriously shorthanded to start the season.
Instead, they’ll just be semi-seriously shorthanded.
“It’s coming along. I haven’t started skating yet,” Henrique said, per The Star-Ledger. “Right now I’m just working out and going to therapy every day to just get the motion back and to get the strength back. We need to make sure we take the time to get it where it needs to be so I can play the same way I played before.”
Henrique’s 51 points put him fourth in team scoring in 2011-12, his first season in the NHL.
On the bright side, the Devils will have a “100 percent” healthy Travis Zajac after going without the 27-year-old center (torn left Achilles tendon) for all but 15 games of the 2011-12 regular season.
Related: Henrique gets his cast off
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)