Dec 30, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
Boone Jenner’s three-game suspension expired on Sunday, opening up the opportunity for him to suit up for Team Canada in Monday’s 2013 World Junior Championship tournament matchup against Russia.
Not too surprisingly, he told the Toronto Sun that he’s excited to jump back into action.
“I can’t wait to get back out there,” Jenner said. “It has been pretty tough. (Watching) is not what you want to be doing.”
“I’m going to be a little nervous. I’m going to be ready to go. I’ve been thinking about it a lot.”
Columbus Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson defended his prospect, calling the hit “a little late.” See for yourself in the video below:
Will discipline be an issue as the Canadians face Yakupov & Co.? Jenner wants to maintain his physical style without going too far.
“You want to make sure you don’t cross over the line,” Jenner said. “I just have to control what I can control.”
Combined with tomorrow’s intriguing Spengler Cup final, it could be a fascinating Monday for hockey fans – particularly Canadian ones.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9