Dec 30, 2012, 10:20 PM EST
Boone Jenner’s three-game suspension expired on Sunday, opening up the opportunity for him to suit up for Team Canada in Monday’s 2013 World Junior Championship tournament matchup against Russia.
Not too surprisingly, he told the Toronto Sun that he’s excited to jump back into action.
“I can’t wait to get back out there,” Jenner said. “It has been pretty tough. (Watching) is not what you want to be doing.”
“I’m going to be a little nervous. I’m going to be ready to go. I’ve been thinking about it a lot.”
Columbus Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson defended his prospect, calling the hit “a little late.” See for yourself in the video below:
Will discipline be an issue as the Canadians face Yakupov & Co.? Jenner wants to maintain his physical style without going too far.
“You want to make sure you don’t cross over the line,” Jenner said. “I just have to control what I can control.”
Combined with tomorrow’s intriguing Spengler Cup final, it could be a fascinating Monday for hockey fans – particularly Canadian ones.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)