Dec 30, 2012, 10:20 PM EST
Boone Jenner’s three-game suspension expired on Sunday, opening up the opportunity for him to suit up for Team Canada in Monday’s 2013 World Junior Championship tournament matchup against Russia.
Not too surprisingly, he told the Toronto Sun that he’s excited to jump back into action.
“I can’t wait to get back out there,” Jenner said. “It has been pretty tough. (Watching) is not what you want to be doing.”
“I’m going to be a little nervous. I’m going to be ready to go. I’ve been thinking about it a lot.”
Columbus Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson defended his prospect, calling the hit “a little late.” See for yourself in the video below:
Will discipline be an issue as the Canadians face Yakupov & Co.? Jenner wants to maintain his physical style without going too far.
“You want to make sure you don’t cross over the line,” Jenner said. “I just have to control what I can control.”
Combined with tomorrow’s intriguing Spengler Cup final, it could be a fascinating Monday for hockey fans – particularly Canadian ones.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)