Dec 30, 2012, 10:20 PM EST
Boone Jenner’s three-game suspension expired on Sunday, opening up the opportunity for him to suit up for Team Canada in Monday’s 2013 World Junior Championship tournament matchup against Russia.
Not too surprisingly, he told the Toronto Sun that he’s excited to jump back into action.
“I can’t wait to get back out there,” Jenner said. “It has been pretty tough. (Watching) is not what you want to be doing.”
“I’m going to be a little nervous. I’m going to be ready to go. I’ve been thinking about it a lot.”
Columbus Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson defended his prospect, calling the hit “a little late.” See for yourself in the video below:
Will discipline be an issue as the Canadians face Yakupov & Co.? Jenner wants to maintain his physical style without going too far.
“You want to make sure you don’t cross over the line,” Jenner said. “I just have to control what I can control.”
Combined with tomorrow’s intriguing Spengler Cup final, it could be a fascinating Monday for hockey fans – particularly Canadian ones.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)