Dec 30, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
Boone Jenner’s three-game suspension expired on Sunday, opening up the opportunity for him to suit up for Team Canada in Monday’s 2013 World Junior Championship tournament matchup against Russia.
Not too surprisingly, he told the Toronto Sun that he’s excited to jump back into action.
“I can’t wait to get back out there,” Jenner said. “It has been pretty tough. (Watching) is not what you want to be doing.”
“I’m going to be a little nervous. I’m going to be ready to go. I’ve been thinking about it a lot.”
Columbus Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson defended his prospect, calling the hit “a little late.” See for yourself in the video below:
Will discipline be an issue as the Canadians face Yakupov & Co.? Jenner wants to maintain his physical style without going too far.
“You want to make sure you don’t cross over the line,” Jenner said. “I just have to control what I can control.”
Combined with tomorrow’s intriguing Spengler Cup final, it could be a fascinating Monday for hockey fans – particularly Canadian ones.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5