Dec 11, 2012, 5:21 PM EDT
Several weeks ago Washington Capitals defenseman Roman Hamrlik voiced his disgust at the state of the negotiations. He criticized NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr in particular and Hamrlik’s still paying for it.
Eventually the lockout will end, but Philadelphia Flyers forward Scott Hartnell isn’t sure that the repercussions of those remarks will fade as quickly.
“I can’t wait to see what his teammates do when guys go after him,” Hartnell told Team 1200 in Ottawa, according to CSNPhilly’s transcript.
“To sell the PA under the bus and to stick up for a guy like that is going to be hard. I think [Troy] Brouwer said it best in his comments.”
Brouwer called Hamrlik “selfish” and asked how he could trust Hamrlik anymore as a teammate.
Hamrlik claimed that he’s since patched things up with Brouwer.
As for Fehr, he stated that he doesn’t believe in censoring the players and held Hamrlik’s freedom to criticize up as an example of the contrasting philosophies of the NHLPA and NHL.
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 16
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 64
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights