Nov 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Several Devils alumni and the New Jersey Colonials coaches are scheduled to face each other Friday evening at Mennen Arena in a charity game to raise money and food for the “Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund” and the Morris County Interfaith Food Pantry, based on a report from New Jersey online.
The alumni team will feature John MacLean, Sergei Brylin, Ken Daneyko, Bruce Driver, Dave Barr, and Grant Marshall. Devils coach Pete DeBoer will also be part of the squad after his wife, Susan, suggested this event.
The Colonials squad will include one of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s sons and DeBoer’s sons, Jack and Matthew.
This is one of several examples of people within the hockey community doing their part to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. If you would like to read about some of the other events that have or will happen, please check out the stories below:
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35