Nov 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Several Devils alumni and the New Jersey Colonials coaches are scheduled to face each other Friday evening at Mennen Arena in a charity game to raise money and food for the “Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund” and the Morris County Interfaith Food Pantry, based on a report from New Jersey online.
The alumni team will feature John MacLean, Sergei Brylin, Ken Daneyko, Bruce Driver, Dave Barr, and Grant Marshall. Devils coach Pete DeBoer will also be part of the squad after his wife, Susan, suggested this event.
The Colonials squad will include one of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s sons and DeBoer’s sons, Jack and Matthew.
This is one of several examples of people within the hockey community doing their part to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. If you would like to read about some of the other events that have or will happen, please check out the stories below:
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 8
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)