Nov 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Several Devils alumni and the New Jersey Colonials coaches are scheduled to face each other Friday evening at Mennen Arena in a charity game to raise money and food for the “Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund” and the Morris County Interfaith Food Pantry, based on a report from New Jersey online.
The alumni team will feature John MacLean, Sergei Brylin, Ken Daneyko, Bruce Driver, Dave Barr, and Grant Marshall. Devils coach Pete DeBoer will also be part of the squad after his wife, Susan, suggested this event.
The Colonials squad will include one of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s sons and DeBoer’s sons, Jack and Matthew.
This is one of several examples of people within the hockey community doing their part to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. If you would like to read about some of the other events that have or will happen, please check out the stories below:
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)