Nov 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Several Devils alumni and the New Jersey Colonials coaches are scheduled to face each other Friday evening at Mennen Arena in a charity game to raise money and food for the “Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund” and the Morris County Interfaith Food Pantry, based on a report from New Jersey online.
The alumni team will feature John MacLean, Sergei Brylin, Ken Daneyko, Bruce Driver, Dave Barr, and Grant Marshall. Devils coach Pete DeBoer will also be part of the squad after his wife, Susan, suggested this event.
The Colonials squad will include one of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s sons and DeBoer’s sons, Jack and Matthew.
This is one of several examples of people within the hockey community doing their part to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. If you would like to read about some of the other events that have or will happen, please check out the stories below:
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5