Nov 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Several Devils alumni and the New Jersey Colonials coaches are scheduled to face each other Friday evening at Mennen Arena in a charity game to raise money and food for the “Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund” and the Morris County Interfaith Food Pantry, based on a report from New Jersey online.
The alumni team will feature John MacLean, Sergei Brylin, Ken Daneyko, Bruce Driver, Dave Barr, and Grant Marshall. Devils coach Pete DeBoer will also be part of the squad after his wife, Susan, suggested this event.
The Colonials squad will include one of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s sons and DeBoer’s sons, Jack and Matthew.
This is one of several examples of people within the hockey community doing their part to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. If you would like to read about some of the other events that have or will happen, please check out the stories below:
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 5
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13