Nov 13, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Much like the New York Islanders did Monday, members of the New York Rangers are hoping to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Ranger Rants’ Andrew Gross reports that Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik, Marc Staal, Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi, Brian Boyle, Carl Hagelin and Steve Eminger will hold a fundraiser at The Staten Island Skating Pavilion on Friday afternoon.
Specifically, the players will lead two one-hour clinics that day, skating with people who make $75 donations to provide relief through the Cardinal Egan Fund.
Click here if you want to find out more about actually attending the event, but either way, it’s great to see local teams pitching in after the storm.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)