Nov 13, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Much like the New York Islanders did Monday, members of the New York Rangers are hoping to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Ranger Rants’ Andrew Gross reports that Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik, Marc Staal, Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi, Brian Boyle, Carl Hagelin and Steve Eminger will hold a fundraiser at The Staten Island Skating Pavilion on Friday afternoon.
Specifically, the players will lead two one-hour clinics that day, skating with people who make $75 donations to provide relief through the Cardinal Egan Fund.
Click here if you want to find out more about actually attending the event, but either way, it’s great to see local teams pitching in after the storm.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 35
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28