Nov 13, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Much like the New York Islanders did Monday, members of the New York Rangers are hoping to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Ranger Rants’ Andrew Gross reports that Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik, Marc Staal, Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi, Brian Boyle, Carl Hagelin and Steve Eminger will hold a fundraiser at The Staten Island Skating Pavilion on Friday afternoon.
Specifically, the players will lead two one-hour clinics that day, skating with people who make $75 donations to provide relief through the Cardinal Egan Fund.
Click here if you want to find out more about actually attending the event, but either way, it’s great to see local teams pitching in after the storm.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)