Nov 13, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Much like the New York Islanders did Monday, members of the New York Rangers are hoping to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Ranger Rants’ Andrew Gross reports that Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik, Marc Staal, Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi, Brian Boyle, Carl Hagelin and Steve Eminger will hold a fundraiser at The Staten Island Skating Pavilion on Friday afternoon.
Specifically, the players will lead two one-hour clinics that day, skating with people who make $75 donations to provide relief through the Cardinal Egan Fund.
Click here if you want to find out more about actually attending the event, but either way, it’s great to see local teams pitching in after the storm.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18