Nov 13, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Much like the New York Islanders did Monday, members of the New York Rangers are hoping to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Ranger Rants’ Andrew Gross reports that Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik, Marc Staal, Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi, Brian Boyle, Carl Hagelin and Steve Eminger will hold a fundraiser at The Staten Island Skating Pavilion on Friday afternoon.
Specifically, the players will lead two one-hour clinics that day, skating with people who make $75 donations to provide relief through the Cardinal Egan Fund.
Click here if you want to find out more about actually attending the event, but either way, it’s great to see local teams pitching in after the storm.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)