Nov 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
The AHL Bridgeport Sound Tigers want to do what they can to help people coping with the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy. For that reason, they have decided to offer free admission to their games this weekend, according to an NHL report.
“We’ve seen the damage — we feel it,” team president Howard Saffan said. “We want to give back to the community. … We encourage you to bring your friends and family to Webster Bank Arena this weekend and enjoy yourselves during this difficult time.”
Fans coming to the game can also help out by bringing non-perishable food for those victimized by the storm.
If you’ve already bought tickets to either of their upcoming contests, you can exchange them for any future 2012-13 Bridgeport Sound Tigers home game, with the exception of those against the AHL Connecticut Whale.
The Sound Tigers are the New York Islanders’ AHL affiliates and top-tier prospect Nino Niederreiter is leading the team in scoring thus far.
They will face Washington’s AHL-affiliate, the Hershey Bears on Saturday at 7pm ET and Pittsburgh’s top minor league team, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Sunday at 3pm ET.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)