Nov 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
The AHL Bridgeport Sound Tigers want to do what they can to help people coping with the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy. For that reason, they have decided to offer free admission to their games this weekend, according to an NHL report.
“We’ve seen the damage — we feel it,” team president Howard Saffan said. “We want to give back to the community. … We encourage you to bring your friends and family to Webster Bank Arena this weekend and enjoy yourselves during this difficult time.”
Fans coming to the game can also help out by bringing non-perishable food for those victimized by the storm.
If you’ve already bought tickets to either of their upcoming contests, you can exchange them for any future 2012-13 Bridgeport Sound Tigers home game, with the exception of those against the AHL Connecticut Whale.
The Sound Tigers are the New York Islanders’ AHL affiliates and top-tier prospect Nino Niederreiter is leading the team in scoring thus far.
They will face Washington’s AHL-affiliate, the Hershey Bears on Saturday at 7pm ET and Pittsburgh’s top minor league team, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Sunday at 3pm ET.
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 2
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 23
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)