Nov 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
The AHL Bridgeport Sound Tigers want to do what they can to help people coping with the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy. For that reason, they have decided to offer free admission to their games this weekend, according to an NHL report.
“We’ve seen the damage — we feel it,” team president Howard Saffan said. “We want to give back to the community. … We encourage you to bring your friends and family to Webster Bank Arena this weekend and enjoy yourselves during this difficult time.”
Fans coming to the game can also help out by bringing non-perishable food for those victimized by the storm.
If you’ve already bought tickets to either of their upcoming contests, you can exchange them for any future 2012-13 Bridgeport Sound Tigers home game, with the exception of those against the AHL Connecticut Whale.
The Sound Tigers are the New York Islanders’ AHL affiliates and top-tier prospect Nino Niederreiter is leading the team in scoring thus far.
They will face Washington’s AHL-affiliate, the Hershey Bears on Saturday at 7pm ET and Pittsburgh’s top minor league team, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Sunday at 3pm ET.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)