Jun 20, 2012, 5:08 PM EST
Cheveldayoff also dismissed an earlier report that Kane, a restricted free agent, was unhappy and didn’t want to negotiate with the Jets.
Only contract “parameters” were discussed; no specific numbers.
Kane, 20, is coming off a 30-goal season in Winnipeg. However, it wasn’t all roses. In January, he was called out by his coach, Claude Noel. Soon after that, there were accusations he skipped out on a restaurant bill.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 40
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32