Jan 11, 2012, 8:13 AM EST
Evander Kane had one of those nights he’d like to forget about.
Not only did the Jets blow a third period lead and lose to the Bruins, Kane caught the ire of coach Claude Noel in the first period by not coming out flying from the start. Ted Wyman of the Winnipeg Sun hears it from Noel about Kane’s play that saw him benched for nearly a ten minute stretch of the first period.
“I’m not going to wait for him to start, the game has started. I saw two or three shifts and I’d seen enough. It’s like, what do you want to do here? If you want to be a key player on our team, if that’s what you think you want to be, then get ready to play the game, like everybody else.”
Kane has 18 goals this season for the surprising Jets and he’s one of their key young forwards. Making matters worse for Kane is that Andrew Ladd scored on his first shift taking Kane’s spot on that line. Awkward.
Losing to the Bruins is nearly expected, but even being a young stud in Winnipeg doesn’t mean getting a free ride. Lesson learned for Kane.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 25
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)