Jan 11, 2012, 8:13 AM EST
Evander Kane had one of those nights he’d like to forget about.
Not only did the Jets blow a third period lead and lose to the Bruins, Kane caught the ire of coach Claude Noel in the first period by not coming out flying from the start. Ted Wyman of the Winnipeg Sun hears it from Noel about Kane’s play that saw him benched for nearly a ten minute stretch of the first period.
“I’m not going to wait for him to start, the game has started. I saw two or three shifts and I’d seen enough. It’s like, what do you want to do here? If you want to be a key player on our team, if that’s what you think you want to be, then get ready to play the game, like everybody else.”
Kane has 18 goals this season for the surprising Jets and he’s one of their key young forwards. Making matters worse for Kane is that Andrew Ladd scored on his first shift taking Kane’s spot on that line. Awkward.
Losing to the Bruins is nearly expected, but even being a young stud in Winnipeg doesn’t mean getting a free ride. Lesson learned for Kane.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)