Jan 11, 2012, 8:13 AM EDT
Evander Kane had one of those nights he’d like to forget about.
Not only did the Jets blow a third period lead and lose to the Bruins, Kane caught the ire of coach Claude Noel in the first period by not coming out flying from the start. Ted Wyman of the Winnipeg Sun hears it from Noel about Kane’s play that saw him benched for nearly a ten minute stretch of the first period.
“I’m not going to wait for him to start, the game has started. I saw two or three shifts and I’d seen enough. It’s like, what do you want to do here? If you want to be a key player on our team, if that’s what you think you want to be, then get ready to play the game, like everybody else.”
Kane has 18 goals this season for the surprising Jets and he’s one of their key young forwards. Making matters worse for Kane is that Andrew Ladd scored on his first shift taking Kane’s spot on that line. Awkward.
Losing to the Bruins is nearly expected, but even being a young stud in Winnipeg doesn’t mean getting a free ride. Lesson learned for Kane.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 3
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 5
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)