Jan 11, 2012, 8:13 AM EDT
Evander Kane had one of those nights he’d like to forget about.
Not only did the Jets blow a third period lead and lose to the Bruins, Kane caught the ire of coach Claude Noel in the first period by not coming out flying from the start. Ted Wyman of the Winnipeg Sun hears it from Noel about Kane’s play that saw him benched for nearly a ten minute stretch of the first period.
“I’m not going to wait for him to start, the game has started. I saw two or three shifts and I’d seen enough. It’s like, what do you want to do here? If you want to be a key player on our team, if that’s what you think you want to be, then get ready to play the game, like everybody else.”
Kane has 18 goals this season for the surprising Jets and he’s one of their key young forwards. Making matters worse for Kane is that Andrew Ladd scored on his first shift taking Kane’s spot on that line. Awkward.
Losing to the Bruins is nearly expected, but even being a young stud in Winnipeg doesn’t mean getting a free ride. Lesson learned for Kane.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)