May 21, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
Brandon Prust‘s one-game suspension is putting the bite on Rangers coach John Tortorella to make changes to his starting lineup for tonight’s Game 4 against New Jersey. One guy we won’t see replacing Prust is Brandon Dubinsky.
Dubinsky is back practicing with the team but he told reporters after the team’s morning skate he won’t be in tonight’s lineup. When asked for a percentage of where he’s at physically, Dubinsky had a great one-liner.
“This team doesn’t do percentages…it’s yes or no and tonight is a no.”
All right then. John Tortorella was asked if Stu Bickel would be the guy to take Prust’s spot and Tortorella did his usual game day thing saying, “I don’t know what my lineup is today.” He also said he wouldn’t know what his lineup would be three weeks from now either. We’ll note that in case the Rangers make the Stanley Cup finals.
Bickel didn’t play in Game 3 as Steve Eminger got the call to play on defense. Expect Bickel to get the call tonight as a forward, however, as the Rangers don’t appear to have anyone else ready to go immediately. Mats Zuccarello is still coming back from a broken wrist and isn’t ready to play while AHL forwards like Kris Newbury haven’t practiced with the rest of the big squad.
Update (12:24 p.m. ET): Dan Rosen of NHL.com says Bickel is in.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 36
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (38)