May 21, 2012, 9:57 AM EST
While the news wasn’t good yesterday regarding Brandon Prust and his one-game suspension for elbowing, things weren’t all bad. Brandon Dubinsky, who’s been out since Game 7 of the first round with a leg injury, practiced in full with the team.
While that’s encouraging news for New York, Dave Lozo of NHL.com reports there’s still no timetable for his return. That’s not stopping Dubinsky from feeling good about getting back to action with his teammates.
“It’s nice to be back with the guys,” said Dubinsky, who offered no timeline for his return. “It’s nice to shoot some pucks on a goalie. It just feels good to be around and actually get a chance to jump on the ice.”
Dubinsky had his struggles during the regular season and even against Ottawa, but he’s a top six forward for them nonetheless. Dubinsky’s absence has allowed for young guys like Carl Hagelin and Chris Kreider to get a chance to show what they can do in full.
While Kreider has blossomed, Hagelin has had his struggles. Now with Prust on the sidelines for Game 4, the Rangers might be left wishing Dubinsky was fully ready to go.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)