Mar 26, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
Remember how fun it was when the Rangers called up Mats Zuccarello and he helped spark their miserable power play? Those were good times just a couple weeks ago, but after breaking his wrist, the fun is over.
Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants reports that Zuccarello needs surgery for his wrist and will have the procedure done today. Unfortunately for the Rangers and their power play, Zuccarello is out indefinitely.
With Zuccarello out, Ruslan Fedotenko checks back into the Rangers lineup. Considering he was around before the Norwegian spark plug arrived, you’ll have to assume that Fedotenko won’t be bringing much scoring touch back with him.
As for the Rangers hopes that they might be able to land Boston College prospect Chris Kreider to help them out, that’s not likely going to happen until the playoffs at the earliest. Boston College qualified for the Frozen Four over the weekend and faces Minnesota on April 5 in the national semifinals.
If BC loses that game, Kreider could possibly be available for New York in their regular season finale on April 7 against Washington but that would put him in a tough spot to make his debut as the Rangers could need that game to lock up the first seed in the East. Kreider would be eligible to play in the postseason once he’s signed.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)