Jan 30, 2012, 12:49 PM EST
You can cross Tim Gleason off your team’s trade wish list.
Gleason signed a four-year extension with the Carolina Hurricanes worth $16 million. With that cap hit of $4 million a year, he gets a raise from the $2.75 million a year he was making before.
With Gleason in the final year of his deal he was slated to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year and was a prime target for trades. Now he’s not going anywhere and the trade market for defensemen grows a bit thinner.
After seeing Francois Beauchemin get signed to an extension and with Ryan Suter apparently off the market now, the pickings are slim amongst defensemen with expiring deals who could be moved. Are you ready for the Hal Gill sweepstakes? How about Jaroslav Spacek or Andy Sutton? Yeah, we thought you were.
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 56
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)