Oct 26, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
How do the Devils solve injury concerns? They don’t do it by shaking things up drastically, they do it by going through a Frankenstein’s monster-like approach. With Jacob Josefson out for the foreseeable future with a broken clavicle, the Devils solved their center depth problem by grabbing Ryan Carter off of waivers from the Florida Panthers.
The Devils helped fill Josefson’s absence by promoting Adam Henrique, but after that, there’s not much else left to go on with the Devils. Enter Carter to help fill the void and give the Devils a bit more flexibility on what they can do with Josefson out and Eric Boulton‘s hand still hurting after knocking Douglas Murray out with just one punch over the weekend.
Carter doesn’t do a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but he’s better than bringing someone totally inexperienced in to play on the third or fourth line. Carter has no points in seven games this year and averaged just over nine minutes of ice time per game.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)