Oct 26, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
How do the Devils solve injury concerns? They don’t do it by shaking things up drastically, they do it by going through a Frankenstein’s monster-like approach. With Jacob Josefson out for the foreseeable future with a broken clavicle, the Devils solved their center depth problem by grabbing Ryan Carter off of waivers from the Florida Panthers.
The Devils helped fill Josefson’s absence by promoting Adam Henrique, but after that, there’s not much else left to go on with the Devils. Enter Carter to help fill the void and give the Devils a bit more flexibility on what they can do with Josefson out and Eric Boulton‘s hand still hurting after knocking Douglas Murray out with just one punch over the weekend.
Carter doesn’t do a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but he’s better than bringing someone totally inexperienced in to play on the third or fourth line. Carter has no points in seven games this year and averaged just over nine minutes of ice time per game.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)