Oct 26, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
How do the Devils solve injury concerns? They don’t do it by shaking things up drastically, they do it by going through a Frankenstein’s monster-like approach. With Jacob Josefson out for the foreseeable future with a broken clavicle, the Devils solved their center depth problem by grabbing Ryan Carter off of waivers from the Florida Panthers.
The Devils helped fill Josefson’s absence by promoting Adam Henrique, but after that, there’s not much else left to go on with the Devils. Enter Carter to help fill the void and give the Devils a bit more flexibility on what they can do with Josefson out and Eric Boulton‘s hand still hurting after knocking Douglas Murray out with just one punch over the weekend.
Carter doesn’t do a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but he’s better than bringing someone totally inexperienced in to play on the third or fourth line. Carter has no points in seven games this year and averaged just over nine minutes of ice time per game.
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 7
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)