Oct 26, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
How do the Devils solve injury concerns? They don’t do it by shaking things up drastically, they do it by going through a Frankenstein’s monster-like approach. With Jacob Josefson out for the foreseeable future with a broken clavicle, the Devils solved their center depth problem by grabbing Ryan Carter off of waivers from the Florida Panthers.
The Devils helped fill Josefson’s absence by promoting Adam Henrique, but after that, there’s not much else left to go on with the Devils. Enter Carter to help fill the void and give the Devils a bit more flexibility on what they can do with Josefson out and Eric Boulton‘s hand still hurting after knocking Douglas Murray out with just one punch over the weekend.
Carter doesn’t do a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but he’s better than bringing someone totally inexperienced in to play on the third or fourth line. Carter has no points in seven games this year and averaged just over nine minutes of ice time per game.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)