Oct 26, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
How do the Devils solve injury concerns? They don’t do it by shaking things up drastically, they do it by going through a Frankenstein’s monster-like approach. With Jacob Josefson out for the foreseeable future with a broken clavicle, the Devils solved their center depth problem by grabbing Ryan Carter off of waivers from the Florida Panthers.
The Devils helped fill Josefson’s absence by promoting Adam Henrique, but after that, there’s not much else left to go on with the Devils. Enter Carter to help fill the void and give the Devils a bit more flexibility on what they can do with Josefson out and Eric Boulton‘s hand still hurting after knocking Douglas Murray out with just one punch over the weekend.
Carter doesn’t do a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but he’s better than bringing someone totally inexperienced in to play on the third or fourth line. Carter has no points in seven games this year and averaged just over nine minutes of ice time per game.
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 14
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 3
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)