Oct 21, 2011, 8:03 PM EDT
Fighting is the toughest job in the league and San Jose’s hulking defenseman Douglas Murray is usually one of the best and most intimidating guys to drop the gloves with. New Jersey’s Eric Boulton didn’t seem too impressed during the first period when the two came together to duke it out.
After rolling up his sleeves and ditching the elbow pad, Murray was dropped like a sack of hammers by a single straight right to the face by Boulton. Check out the pugilistic domination from New Jersey thanks to HockeyFights.com.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25