Oct 22, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
If depth is the name of the game in the NHL, then the New Jersey Devils are in trouble. Jacob Josefson underwent surgery on his broken clavicle today and Rich Chere reports that he’s expected to miss three to four months.
Losing Josefson thins out a Devils team that was already very top-heavy. The promising young center joins Travis Zajac on the injured reserve while Martin Brodeur remains day-to-day with his own woes.
(Absolutely not, but the Devils are going to make him earn as much of that $100 million as they can.)
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 2
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 42
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 25
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40