Oct 21, 2011, 9:40 PM EST
Devils youngster Jacob Josefson might want to avoid playing the Sharks the next time they’re on the schedule. Josefson broke his clavicle after a head-first slide into the end boards during the first period of the New Jersey’s match-up with San Jose. Josefson was an emerging player for the Devils this season and, while being healthy, was looking to find his way.
Last season, Josefson tore a ligament in his right thumb against the Sharks knocking him out of commission for the bulk of last season. This year, he was getting his shot at playing center full-time but now he’ll once again wind up on the shelf.
Now we’ll wonder if Josefson will get the willies when he hears the theme from “Jaws.” Having that much bad fortune against the Sharks makes him the Devils’ version of Chief Brody.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)