Oct 19, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
During Boston’s ugly 4-1 loss to Carolina, mixed in amongst the other drama and fireworks, Bruins defenseman Dennis Seidenberg caught the ire of the officials with a boarding call late in the game as he hit Hurricanes heartthrob Jeff Skinner from behind while he wasn’t looking. Skinner was defenseless on the play and Seidenberg came in with
Much like Kris Letang‘s boarding play that got him a two-game suspension, Seidenberg’s hit earned him just two minutes of shame and a seat in the box to watch the Bruins continue their meltdown. NHL Overtime’s Bill Patrick, Jeremy Roenick and Pierre McGuire breakdown the hit and what they think will come of it.
So what do you think? Unlike Letang’s play, this hit on Skinner seemed to come with a hint more frustration from Seidenberg. Suspension or not?
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39