Oct 19, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
During Boston’s ugly 4-1 loss to Carolina, mixed in amongst the other drama and fireworks, Bruins defenseman Dennis Seidenberg caught the ire of the officials with a boarding call late in the game as he hit Hurricanes heartthrob Jeff Skinner from behind while he wasn’t looking. Skinner was defenseless on the play and Seidenberg came in with
Much like Kris Letang‘s boarding play that got him a two-game suspension, Seidenberg’s hit earned him just two minutes of shame and a seat in the box to watch the Bruins continue their meltdown. NHL Overtime’s Bill Patrick, Jeremy Roenick and Pierre McGuire breakdown the hit and what they think will come of it.
So what do you think? Unlike Letang’s play, this hit on Skinner seemed to come with a hint more frustration from Seidenberg. Suspension or not?
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5