Oct 19, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
During Boston’s ugly 4-1 loss to Carolina, mixed in amongst the other drama and fireworks, Bruins defenseman Dennis Seidenberg caught the ire of the officials with a boarding call late in the game as he hit Hurricanes heartthrob Jeff Skinner from behind while he wasn’t looking. Skinner was defenseless on the play and Seidenberg came in with
Much like Kris Letang‘s boarding play that got him a two-game suspension, Seidenberg’s hit earned him just two minutes of shame and a seat in the box to watch the Bruins continue their meltdown. NHL Overtime’s Bill Patrick, Jeremy Roenick and Pierre McGuire breakdown the hit and what they think will come of it.
So what do you think? Unlike Letang’s play, this hit on Skinner seemed to come with a hint more frustration from Seidenberg. Suspension or not?
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 5
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 15
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28