Apr 17, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks opened up a three-goal lead over their adversaries, the L.A. Kings, in the first period of Game 1 of their Western Conference series – thanks to a pair of goals in the final minute.
Tomas Hertl scored his first career Stanley Cup playoff goal with 52 seconds remaining in the opening period to give San Jose a 2-0 lead, before Patrick Marleau got his stick on a loose puck and buried it into an open net with four seconds remaining.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5