Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the emotions in the San Jose Sharks-L.A. Kings series to boil over. Only four minutes and 59 seconds.
San Jose Sharks forward Mike Brown put the shoulder into L.A. Kings’ defenseman Slava Voynov, knocking him into goalie Jonathan Quick after the whistle. A massive scrum ensued, and of course there were some penalties.
Brown was given a goalie interference minor; his teammate Andrew Desjardins was called for roughing; Kings’ forwards Jordan Nolan and Kyle Clifford each received minor penalties for roughing, as well.
And, just like that, it’s on.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)