Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the emotions in the San Jose Sharks-L.A. Kings series to boil over. Only four minutes and 59 seconds.
San Jose Sharks forward Mike Brown put the shoulder into L.A. Kings’ defenseman Slava Voynov, knocking him into goalie Jonathan Quick after the whistle. A massive scrum ensued, and of course there were some penalties.
Brown was given a goalie interference minor; his teammate Andrew Desjardins was called for roughing; Kings’ forwards Jordan Nolan and Kyle Clifford each received minor penalties for roughing, as well.
And, just like that, it’s on.
Well this should be fun.—
LA Kings (@LAKings) April 18, 2014
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35