Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the emotions in the San Jose Sharks-L.A. Kings series to boil over. Only four minutes and 59 seconds.
San Jose Sharks forward Mike Brown put the shoulder into L.A. Kings’ defenseman Slava Voynov, knocking him into goalie Jonathan Quick after the whistle. A massive scrum ensued, and of course there were some penalties.
Brown was given a goalie interference minor; his teammate Andrew Desjardins was called for roughing; Kings’ forwards Jordan Nolan and Kyle Clifford each received minor penalties for roughing, as well.
And, just like that, it’s on.
Well this should be fun.—
LA Kings (@LAKings) April 18, 2014
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)