Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the emotions in the San Jose Sharks-L.A. Kings series to boil over. Only four minutes and 59 seconds.
San Jose Sharks forward Mike Brown put the shoulder into L.A. Kings’ defenseman Slava Voynov, knocking him into goalie Jonathan Quick after the whistle. A massive scrum ensued, and of course there were some penalties.
Brown was given a goalie interference minor; his teammate Andrew Desjardins was called for roughing; Kings’ forwards Jordan Nolan and Kyle Clifford each received minor penalties for roughing, as well.
And, just like that, it’s on.
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 0
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)