Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the emotions in the San Jose Sharks-L.A. Kings series to boil over. Only four minutes and 59 seconds.
San Jose Sharks forward Mike Brown put the shoulder into L.A. Kings’ defenseman Slava Voynov, knocking him into goalie Jonathan Quick after the whistle. A massive scrum ensued, and of course there were some penalties.
Brown was given a goalie interference minor; his teammate Andrew Desjardins was called for roughing; Kings’ forwards Jordan Nolan and Kyle Clifford each received minor penalties for roughing, as well.
And, just like that, it’s on.
Well this should be fun.—
LA Kings (@LAKings) April 18, 2014
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)