Aug 7, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
From Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch:
At last glance (Sunday), the two sides were “hectares” apart in their negotiations. Without knowing the financial part of the reported proposals on the table, it’s hard to say if there’s been any progress.
Johansen, a 22-year-old restricted free agent, is coming off his best season as a pro, in which he scored 33 goals with 30 assists in 82 games for the Blue Jackets.
In late June, Johansen told the Dispatch that the Jackets’ insistence on signing him to a bridge deal “seems like a slap in the face.”
And with no arbitration deadlines to meet, this negotiation could last all the way to training camp.
Obviously, both sides will be hoping it doesn’t go beyond that, a la P.K. Subban two seasons ago.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)