Aug 7, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
From Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch:
At last glance (Sunday), the two sides were “hectares” apart in their negotiations. Without knowing the financial part of the reported proposals on the table, it’s hard to say if there’s been any progress.
Johansen, a 22-year-old restricted free agent, is coming off his best season as a pro, in which he scored 33 goals with 30 assists in 82 games for the Blue Jackets.
In late June, Johansen told the Dispatch that the Jackets’ insistence on signing him to a bridge deal “seems like a slap in the face.”
And with no arbitration deadlines to meet, this negotiation could last all the way to training camp.
Obviously, both sides will be hoping it doesn’t go beyond that, a la P.K. Subban two seasons ago.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (70)