Aug 7, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
From Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch:
At last glance (Sunday), the two sides were “hectares” apart in their negotiations. Without knowing the financial part of the reported proposals on the table, it’s hard to say if there’s been any progress.
Johansen, a 22-year-old restricted free agent, is coming off his best season as a pro, in which he scored 33 goals with 30 assists in 82 games for the Blue Jackets.
In late June, Johansen told the Dispatch that the Jackets’ insistence on signing him to a bridge deal “seems like a slap in the face.”
And with no arbitration deadlines to meet, this negotiation could last all the way to training camp.
Obviously, both sides will be hoping it doesn’t go beyond that, a la P.K. Subban two seasons ago.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)