Aug 7, 2014, 2:24 PM EST
From Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch:
At last glance (Sunday), the two sides were “hectares” apart in their negotiations. Without knowing the financial part of the reported proposals on the table, it’s hard to say if there’s been any progress.
Johansen, a 22-year-old restricted free agent, is coming off his best season as a pro, in which he scored 33 goals with 30 assists in 82 games for the Blue Jackets.
In late June, Johansen told the Dispatch that the Jackets’ insistence on signing him to a bridge deal “seems like a slap in the face.”
And with no arbitration deadlines to meet, this negotiation could last all the way to training camp.
Obviously, both sides will be hoping it doesn’t go beyond that, a la P.K. Subban two seasons ago.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)